The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-01-2006, 06:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default § plus anchor

I am trying to use GAL for content of §'s

1. I can't get GAL working with "§" ...example:
"13" is ok but "§13" or "§ 13" or "13§" doesnt work

2. Additionally I wish to use it with anchors, but do not khow how to put anchor link like #13 into it....

Any suggestions will be appreciated :-)
Old 06-02-2006, 06:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

have you looked at the source code for a test ? It could be that the symbol is being translated via vB
Old 06-04-2006, 09:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

sorry geek I have no idea where to look and what does it mean...

If its translated somehow will it appear here in post? (u see i do not know what is your question about :-)))
Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

sorry, I mean view the HTML source code for the page (right click and choose view source)

See if its the symbol or if vB translated it
Old 06-06-2006, 07:16 AM

it is still symbol also in source:
HTML Code:
<a href="#911"><font color="blue">§
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 AM

so the symbol is there... The font tag may be preventing it from linking though. Try to remove any formatting and/or leaving a space between the tag and the symbol
Old 06-06-2006, 08:59 AM

Geek there are also not formatet §'s but they do not work either.
I have tried to have space before or after § in GAL settings within admincp. I cant do this within post - there is thousand of paragraphs in posts...

Not even test link at the bottom of GAL settings in admincp doesnt show up as a link. I mean this one:
Quote:
example of § if you are seeing any HTML here, there is a good chance you have a double linking problem
Old 06-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Then it means that the regexp pattern cant detect that character. Im not sure how I can increase support for it however the next release will have the ability to create multiple types of regexp patterns which you can apply on an individual basis. However this is still a little ways off
Old 06-06-2006, 12:52 PM

thank you for reply Geek

what about anchors within posts will that works? I want to use it as crossreference within posts pararagraph which willl be recuring regularelly (that is why I want to deploy GAL here)
I have lots of § references in articles/posts .....
Old 06-06-2006, 05:21 PM

Not sure what you mean by anchors in posts?