The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default adsense problem

right i have made a new template and added it in the templates part of your system

template = GAB_custum_ebay_store

now i added a new block in the master script section and choosed the template above

then went to my postbit template added the code $GAB_ads[0]

but i get nothing

also how can you link an add block to a catogorie ???, i must be stupid but i think this is a complex hack and maybe i need some help here ??

Regards
Mick

Last edited by Mick; 01-01-2006 at 08:50 PM..
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

found out that it will display ok when placed in the header template but not in the postbit template ???

im using the master adblock it should work i think ?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thats because the $GAB_ads variable is out of scope when the postbit is getting processed.

What you will want to do is create a hook in the postbit_process_start. The only code you will need is

global $GAB_ads;

HTH's
Old 01-01-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Thats because the $GAB_ads variable is out of scope when the postbit is getting processed.

What you will want to do is create a hook in the postbit_process_start. The only code you will need is

global $GAB_ads;

HTH's
thanks for the reply how do i go about doing that i dont know anything about hooks

and also can i use an add block with a catogorie so i can display add blocks to certain forums ?

thanks very much for the help
Old 01-02-2006, 05:50 PM

ok managed to work the plugin

but still any chance of having blocks associated with catogories i mean i can use conditionals but that means alot more coding per template.

Regards
Mick
Old 01-03-2006, 05:35 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Mick, Im not totally following what you mean by category association?
Old 01-06-2006, 09:03 PM

ok what i mean is this

lets say you have a banner you can then associate a banner to a catogorie and the select which forums it will show in etc

it would be a great asset to your program to associate the add blocks with catogories aswell it would save me alot of time adding conditionals to show the adds in what forums

hopefully that makes sense
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 PM

Not totally

If I get you right, you are wanting to show ads from category A in forums x,y,z and ads from category B in forums t,u,v
As long as they use the same type of block, then it should be fine. Unless of course they use different types of blocks
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 AM

right i have one adsense block and another ebay block

now if i was to have a banner i could set the banner to a catogorie that i have made and choose what forums they are viewable in!

i cant do anything like this with the add blocks all i can do is make an add block and then use conditionals to show it in each forums etc

add blocks should be able to use the catogorie system aswell as banners

that should make sense if not i will draw you a picture
Old 01-09-2006, 09:24 AM

Think I got you now

Currently, there isnt a way - however next update should have one