The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-23-2006, 04:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Exclamation Need help with GAB RC2 problem please

I just tried to install the GAB RC2 and everything went well...........almost. I did everything in this exact order....

-uploaded files via FTP
-imported xml product

then I checked my website to make sure everything went kosher. Well, turns out, it didn't create any of the tables in my database so I couldn't uninstall at all so I tried to import again overwriting the 1st one and still no luck. Came up with a server configuration error on my main page (www.redlinemotorsports.org) and a database error on my forums page (www.redlinemotorsports.org/forum/). If you could provide a fix for me for this, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Old 02-23-2006, 07:36 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Uninstall it, it doesnt matter if it created tables or not.

Can you let meknow which version of mysql youre on?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Uninstall it, it doesnt matter if it created tables or not.

Can you let meknow which version of mysql youre on?
Nope, I am sorry Geek, but that is not right. While my own install, I also had the problem, if you want to uninstall the plugin and there are no tables you will get a vB database error, that vb3_GAB_xxx does not exist!

Tobi
Old 02-23-2006, 08:00 AM

I see. Ill figure outthe problem this afternoon and post a solution. Can you still let me know what version on mysql (though its sounding less likethe problem now)

Thanks guys
Old 02-23-2006, 08:06 AM

MySQL 4.1.10a
Old 02-24-2006, 02:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

MySQL Version 4.0.24-max-log
Old 02-24-2006, 07:29 AM

Package was updated for the unininstall issue. Im not 100% sure about the tables not installing though. Can you re-import the new product xml and then uninstall it?
Then re-import it and see if the tables were created?

Thanks