The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-16-2006, 02:31 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default List of banners for sponsors page

I am currently using GAB on my site as a replacement for a banner system I had on a previous site. My previous site software also had a page that simpl listed out each active banner that could be clicked on to visit any one of the sponsors.

I'd like to put a "sponsors" link on my home page and when members click on it they would get a page that simply lists all of sponsors by showing each one's banner ad. Users could then click on a banner ad for the sponsor they were interested in visiting.

Otherwise they have to "hope" that they see a sponsor's ad in random rotation. (over 40 ads now so frustrating for that approach)

I could set up a static php page or even a template and simply have the text of each sponsor's name with a link, but I'd like something more visual. Some of the banners are flash ads too, plus it would be nice that if a banner expired and was no longer active that it wouldn't show up on this sponsors page either. IN other words I don't want to set up some static page or template that I have to keep editing all the time as sponsors come and go.

Anyone have anything like this???
I searched vbadvanced.com, vbulletin.org and this site and couldn't find anything similar. If I knew PHP or vbulletin better (only been using for a month) I could probably write this myself but I don't, thus asking for help here!

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Ken, its a good idea though nothing exists for it yet (it wouldnt be that hard to do I suppose).

BTW: You are showing up as unlicensed.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Hey Ken, its a good idea though nothing exists for it yet (it wouldnt be that hard to do I suppose).

BTW: You are showing up as unlicensed.
Well is there someone willing to help me code this? BTW, how do I show up as licensed?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Purchase a license
Old 11-17-2006, 01:46 PM

My installer did so. He told me that he purchased one for himself and one for my site since he was doing the install work on my site. Is there someplace I can look up the license # and send it to you? I don't want to be on someone's "bad" list.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 PM

Youre not on my bad list, just not on the 'good list'

Just have the guy who bought them edit his license and transfer it to your username.

Take care
Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM

I have tried to call him and email him and so far no luck, not sure what has happened to the guy. Can I simply make things right by purchasing another license? Do you take PayPal? I also wanted to ask about your articles module. I've been using PhotoPosts Review Post which is great for products like an epinions, but what I really need is a place where people can author or upload articles and then make comments on them, mostly about cars or items available for a certain model. I like that the ReviewPost allows for pictures though. You can check out my implementation at www.caymanclub.net and let me know if you think your article system will do what I'm looking for (oh and if there is a way to migrate from the REviewPost to your system if I decide to switch)

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:58 PM

Hi there, yes we take paypal

As for switching from photopost... your best bet is to test out the test forums here to see if you think it will cover your needs. It may more than do so (with some surprises) however it may not. I haven't used their review system so I cant really comment.

HTHs!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:58 PM

I notice in the admin panel under scripts there is a listing for something called adv_index, what is that for? I thought it might be just such an index page.

Ok I'm off to go buy this with PayPal to get on your good list, I also have a feature request / bug fix that I will post separately.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:43 PM

adv_index is the script name for vbaCMPS portal page. Many vB users use that page so I put it in to quickly activate it for banners.