The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Cannot get to display custom fields!

Hello Morgan:

I need a little help here! I've read threads about this but cannot find the solution for me.

1. I've created the Custom Field "URL to product" a Text box.
2. On Types "Review Types" I checked to show this field.
3. On Modules, "Default Review Set" I've added "Custom Fields" Inside Header.
4. The field shows up when adding a review, so I fill on information
5. When looking at the posted review detail, the field does not show.

I am missing something???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Rodrigo

Last edited by eden; 07-30-2008 at 04:21 AM..
Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Please help me !!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please don't bump. It doesn't grab my attention or make me respond any faster. Thanks. As to your question, please check the following, particularly the bold one:
  • Set up a custom field via the ACP -> GARS -> Custom Fields
  • Add the custom fields module via the ACP -> GARS -> Modules
  • Set the custom fields options by clicking the Custom Fields link
  • Tick the custom fields to use via the ACP -> GARS -> Types
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM

Hello Morgan,

All of those 4 steps were done, but nothing shows up.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Double check the items in post three again, just to be sure that things are set as you prefer, and click save even if things look correct. If you still cannot get the custom field to show, check what template you are using for the first post in the thread. If it is the GARS_pb template, have you made modifications to that template? If so, check that all $post[GARS_modpositionX] variables are present, X = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you still cannot get the custom fields to show and want me to investigate, I will need admin level ACP access with Can Administer GARS permission.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Tried again with no success.. PM'ed access
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Administrator

The 'Review Type' for that forum is using the 'Default Review Module Set' so go to the ACP -> GARS -> Modules -> Default Review Module Set -> Custom Fields and fill out that form to display the custom fields you wish to display. That is the bolded step in post three. If you think there is a better way for me to describe it, please let me know as to seems people get stuck on that step, so if I can describe it better, I would be glad to so people don't get stuck on that step.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Thanks Morgan, that did it.

Maybe on that same page, a "setup" icon near the module would clear things out.

I didn't notice there was an "Edit" link on each module dropdown menu.

Thanks again!