The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Tags

Does Gars not support the new 3.7 tag feature when making a new post? I don't seem to see a place to insert them.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you are using the GARS_newthread template and/or the GARS_editpost template, add to them whatever you want from the vB newthread template and/or the vB editpost template.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

*RaceJunkie* Scratches head
Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Said another way, find what you want from the vB newthread template and/or the vB editpost template and copy-paste it into the GARS_newthread template and/or the GARS_editpost template, respectively.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Said another way, find what you want from the vB newthread template and/or the vB editpost template and copy-paste it into the GARS_newthread template and/or the GARS_editpost template, respectively.

Ok makes more sense now. But shouldn't this already be in the Gars templates as a standard install?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Administrator

vB 3.7 is beta. Why continue to add stuff from a beta version, especially as that stuff can change and then it'd need to be redone? Possible double work.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
vB 3.7 is beta. Why continue to add stuff from a beta version, especially as that stuff can change and then it'd need to be redone? Possible double work.
Agreed, just asking because you updated Gars to work with 3.7 and thread tags have been there since the release. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...65&postcount=3
Old 03-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Yes I did, but that was because forums can be set to require a thread prefix, so without the updates to the GARS templates, people couldn't post on GARS-related forums where a thread prefix was required.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yes I did, but that was because forums can be set to require a thread prefix, so without the updates to the GARS templates, people couldn't post on GARS-related forums where a thread prefix was required.
I'm confused again. What does thread prefixes have to do with thread tags? You can add a tag after it's been posted just not while you are making the new post.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator

I updated GARS to work without bugs, and it should work with vB 3.6.x or vB 3.7.x versions. Nothing special there. I updated GARS templates for thread prefixes, as thread prefixes can be required in vB 3.7.x versions. Tags are not a required item, so they can wait until vB 3.7 goes gold unless people want to edit templates themselves.