The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uae
Thank you so much for the release, can't wait for the gold

Just look under the members name in each post
lol i dont even notice this

anyway thankyou and welcome to VBG ..i'm in the same place u are
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

New package uploaded to address minor issues that have arisen since last night.

To update, just upload the contents of the latest version (RC3b) to their respecitve locations.
Then go to your settings and click save.

nJoy
Old 12-14-2005, 06:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Package updated to RC3c to address a minor issue preventing the first forum from being transformed by GARS.

To fix, replace your geek/gars/includes/gars_ignition.php file with the one in the latest package.
It also addresses a missing phrase when saving a template set

nJoy
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Couple of items

GARS_navigation is missing a semicolon:

PHP Code:
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp<a href="showthread.php?t=$post[threadid]&amp;garpg=$nextpage">&gt;</a
Should be:

PHP Code:
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="showthread.php?t=$post[threadid]&amp;garpg=$nextpage">&gt;</a
Also, featured.php still has <a><strong></a></strong> which is a mismatch on line 101.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

WOW, I just downloaded and installed RC1 not to long ago

Anyway

I've noticed if you have more then 4 images in your gallery ( I had about 30)
The images are spread out four on each line accross but, you have to scroll down to see the next line of four then scroll down again to see the next four.

It was annouying so I removed them until it was fixed.

Is this fixed?

Thank you for an excellent product Geek
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

My only issue is that because I really want this to integrate with vba cmps... I'm trying to decide if it'd be more worth it to simply use the option to create new pages within vba's cmps instead of going with gars. Because I really don't want to somehow create modules to fit into gars just so it can look like my index but with the center column for content.

Any news on integration with vba cmps?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:16 AM

Chris was working on some vba modules, but I havent heard from him in a week or so.

Creating pages within vba is a totally different concep than GARS. Im not sure what modules you would be wanting to make for GARS, most of the key ones come with it.

GARS isnt a portal, its more of a mini CMS.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:28 PM

is this request was made lately?: make the synopsis searchable ?!

i'd like to see this, as the synopsis can be a good part in the articles, and being searchable would help members to find the descriptions of these articles...
Old 12-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Sorry Nexia, but I have no plans for this. 99% of users never enter anything into the synopsis box, preferring instead to let GARS auto - synopsis it. The immense amount of work required to make it searchable for that 1% would give me an aneurysm.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

hello,
i just uploaded the latest RC and followed the instruction to go to the control panel for GARS and click save, but now my reviews forum just looks like any other forum. I've checked the settings and it is selected as being a GARS forum.

What have i done wrong?

Thanks.

edit>> i have it working again, i followed the upgrade instructions included in the zip file

cheers.

Last edited by kj1; 12-16-2005 at 08:07 PM..