The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Talking some tit bits

well i found some of these small things but i can tell you they are real annoying.
So please look into them

1) In the types.. a header image preview of all images would be nice. Also a capability to delete them also. It helps to see what is there and what to upload and what to delete(yes you can from ftp but you know lazy guys )

2) And while saving the type setting, would think it better that it returns to the same setting page rather than the type list. eg. i add a new module.. and wanna add/delete more, i would wanna remain with the same type rather than go to list.. again its not much but its still 1 click too many

3) and i just realized that the ajax selects(threads, posts) don't work. hmm not that all of them have much of a use in article/guide hack but some like move, stick thread etc are still handy. Not a urgent thing but if it can be added to consider adding.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 PM

I'd just like to add the following suggestion (which I mentioned to Geek back with his 3.5 version of GARS), and that's to have sig-displaying being an option for articles. To me, showing sigs for an article isn't really needed, so the ability to have this option (whether for article types or globally) would be ideal (and I'm aware of it being in the GARS templates)
Old 09-22-2005, 02:17 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

actually my way around this was to create a field and do it via a conditional... but if its made within gars even better

Last edited by acers; 09-22-2005 at 02:20 AM..