The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Question Trying to get more than 2 banners showing

I finally figured out my other things, and for awhile I had 3 banners going.

What I mean is, 3 different images in one location in the rotation. Did that make anysense?

Anyways, I have 4 now, and it only cycles through the first two banners, but 3 and 4 never get displayed.

Am I retarded?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:17 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

1. First make sure that the active check box is ticked! So click on Ads and look at the check box for banner 3 & 4.

2. Then check to see if the banners got uploaded correctly.

3. Now click on Categories and make sure that the category that banner 3 & 4 is in, is ACTIVE. Further more click on the category that the banners are in and make sure that all scripts are ticked to YES, and all wanted forums are ticked to yes, then click on save to make sure.

If all else fails and if you didn't try it already.. go ahead and try to delete the problematic banners and re-enter them into the system.

I don't guarantee that the above steps will work! The above is just some of the troubleshooting steps I would consider being worth a shot(whisky, vodka, or tequila?)

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hello,

Unless I am mistaken, each banner is assigned a value for how frequently it should be displayed.If the last 2 are set to low and the other 2 are set to high, they would have a higher liklihood of being displayed I think.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I would guess that there are most likely only 2 ads totally active. That or the other ads are a different type (i.e. text and/or flash).
Even with the frequency, it SHOULD pull correctly.

HTHs
Old 01-25-2006, 06:03 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Actually, this problem just happen here on my side with the 8th banner . I had just put in the 7th banner and a hard refresh did the trick for banner #7 to come up. Then later on I added the 8th banner and hard refreshes did not work, neither did pull with my others browsers(I.E, Opera, and my main FF!).

The only way I got banner #8 to show was by going to " GAB Manager » Categories » Images - tracking » and under availible forums I clicked "Check All" twice till all check boxes where clean, then checked them all back up and finally clicked on "Save", and thats when the hard refresh did the trick!

Any ideas? All available forums where ticked to begin with.

:!: Images - tracking: is the category my banners where in!

Last edited by gldtn; 01-27-2006 at 09:22 AM..
Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sorry did not see this post before.. I had the same issue, and did what gldtn did and worked
Old 01-30-2006, 09:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldtn
Actually, this problem just happen here on my side with the 8th banner . I had just put in the 7th banner and a hard refresh did the trick for banner #7 to come up. Then later on I added the 8th banner and hard refreshes did not work, neither did pull with my others browsers(I.E, Opera, and my main FF!).

The only way I got banner #8 to show was by going to " GAB Manager » Categories » Images - tracking » and under availible forums I clicked "Check All" twice till all check boxes where clean, then checked them all back up and finally clicked on "Save", and thats when the hard refresh did the trick!

Any ideas? All available forums where ticked to begin with.

:!: Images - tracking: is the category my banners where in!
Geez I still have this problem to this day with it not updating when I load new banners. Its like it picks its favorite two and thats all it ever shows.

I can set them to all low. Even when I set one to SUPER HIGH it won't show up.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you want to PM me an admincp URL and login info... ill check it out for you.

Thanks for the updates guys... ill test on this end.