The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAZ RC4 Navbar Issue (Disappearing Elements)

This is strange. After upgrading to RC4 of GAZ, I sent out a special announcement and proceeded to have a merry Saturday night away from the computer. This morning, a member pointed out the fact that the navbar menu selections had been reduced to Home and Register/Logout. On a hunch, I deleted GAZ from vBulletin and the menu system returned to normal. I assume this is due to the template changes that the product XML file is implementing. Note that my navbar has custom modifications, therefore I suspect GAZ may be making a revision in the wrong place (based on an erroneous find marker). Until I get this sorted out, I must leave GAZ uninstalled.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

er, gaz doesnt change any of your existing templates. In fact, for the life of me I cant see how ANY modification could do what you're saying.

The only thing I can think of is that you tweaked your navbar template and left an unclosed tag.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I realized this once I compared the navbar templates (pre/post GAZ). The strange thing is that the menu system instantly returned to normal (for all 6 tempates) when I uninstalled GAZ. I decided to reinstall GAZ again, and the menu system remains intact. There were no other script/template modifications taking place this weekend, therefore I am at a loss to figure this one out. I hesitate to embrace coincidence, as the timing of the fix was instantaneous upon removal of GAZ. Oh well, the important thing is that everything appears to be back to normal.