The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It has only been tested on 3.6.3 and higher so I cant vouch for it. Ill see if I can set up some tests on 3.5 series. What version are you on?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Thx Geek,

I am still on 3.5.0 - and my forums are so heavily hacked that I dont wanna upgrade unless you con do ice-skating in hell

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
(Henry Rollins)
Old 06-21-2007, 04:08 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I totally understand, especially if you're buying with the dollar (which is really weak right now). Just to put things into perspective, over here, that $80 wouldn't even get me a tank of gas

Here is hoping the dollar gets stronger
I'll be happy to fill your tank. I'm guessing that would be equivalent to paying you about 10 cents per hour to develop this for me.

Thanks for putting in the time and knowledge to to this.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastreal View Post
I am having some trouble with your shopping cart system so I can't proceed to purchase. I tried running through the process twice more and it just keeps adding items.
I'm also having problems

I just wanted 1 copy, but when I was trying to figure out why the 2nd screen shows 0, I now have 3 orders placed. I like ya Geek, but not 200$ worth
1.jpg

after I hit check out, I get this

2.jpg

I'm trying to just get one BrandFree and year of updates

I sent you a PM Sam, hopefully we can get this settled soon

ps.. it looks like it's an issue with the brand free only. I Could get the regular version.. -
3.jpg

Last edited by Loco; 06-21-2007 at 05:06 PM..
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That's a lot of money. I will have to think long and hard on that one. What's it offer over combull. I have my own hacked up version of that but it's pretty messy code to begin with. However, it was free.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:50 PM

Loco clear your session cookies and it should work fine.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:56 PM

Since I have a major huge event going on at one of my sites tomorrow I went ahead and ordered. The market works with license free once I cleared the session cookie. It went to paypal, paid, redirected back here, got your PM thanking me and telling me it's now available in the d/l section. However it's not there.

Last edited by Code Monkey; 06-21-2007 at 05:59 PM..
Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It was a flub up on my part entering the prices for the Euro and Dollar. It is sorted now.

I used to use commbull a couple years ago. I'm not 100% sure where its at now, but the standard package is only about $15 above combull. This is a quick overview of GAZ feature set so you can compare it:
  • Scheduled issue generation (set up time frames to generate issues automatically)
  • Automatic sending. You can manually send out or let the cron job do it (between these two features, you don't ever have to touch it once it is set up)
  • Multiple newsletter systems. You can have multiple newsletters each configured with different modules and layouts, covering different aspects of your site.
  • Module system lets you snap and configure blocks of code around to suit your needs
  • Newsletter browser that lets users browse previous versions of newsletters
  • Each newsletter subscription can be configured via usergroups and subscribed/unsubscribed from the usercp and their admincp
  • Each newsletter is cached for speed and lower memory usage. You users will get an email in the style they use on your site and the language (and text direction) they use on your site.
  • There is the ability to move much of your CSS inline for better gmail and hotmail support
I guess that about covers an overview of it

I can understand why people feel its more $$ in dollars, so I am glad there is another option out there for people that need a newsletter system... sadly I can't just eat the design time cost because of the weak dollar. Makes me wish I was still in the US so it wouldn't make much of a difference and the UK peeps would be ecstatic over the conversion rate
Guess thats what I get for coding in one of the most expensive countries in the world
Old 06-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Default How much/how to add Brand Free?

We bought a license during the promo sale a bit ago, but it didn't come with Brand Free and I don't see an option to upgrade to it? Please help us buy you a couple more cups of petrol

James and Susan
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM

lol, my car is hungry

Just paypal vbgeek at thevbgeek dot com £15.00GBP and then pm me the transaction number and Ill manually alter your license for you

Thanks guys

Last edited by The Geek; 06-26-2007 at 08:12 PM..