The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Does it work if you upload the image from the glossary page?

BTW: I realised I forgot to remove the "this is a preview of..." bit... I have updated the product xml to remove it.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sorry but I just cant find the way to upload images directly via GALcp,I already tried via Display, then Categories (in fact I add a new category), Settings, Add new, etc.. and I cant find the option to upload directly. Could you tell how? or the path root to upload images directly from glossary?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Make sure that you have permissions to upload an image (admincp-> gal ->permissions)
Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Uploading images?

Sorry, but there is not an option in permissions to upload images... just to enter an image URL, and I have all permissions. Attach is a screenshot of my permissions window, and there is not an option to upload (or I'm getting blind )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg permissionwindow.jpg (155.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I will wait a couple of weeks, but this is looking like it will be the best for sure. Great work on getting the beta out.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:06 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Congrats on the beta!

Quick question, I'm using multiple web servers hooked up to one database server, will it matter for something like caching? Will a multi-server setup cause any problems?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 PM

I can't even begin to figure out how to add a simple entry.

I just want to add entries and have them linked to other parts of my site. No tracking nothing.

I tried adding one but there was a lot of stuff I had no idea what it did. One thing that happened is that Auto Link would not stay checked.

Bah
Old 10-28-2006, 02:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Brent tomorrow i'll install Aol for you
Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Right, installed it on one of my dev boxes. Did a fresh install.
All worked well apart from the images. No matter what I did I could not convince it to use an image.
I manually edited the database, inserting the image URL, it worked then. Will investigate further later today... (been coerced into decorating )
Old 10-28-2006, 03:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

The only problem I seem to be having (well, not me but some of my members) is that they are unable to view new threads/posts, instead get a
Code:
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
message ??