The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Exclamation Fatal error nach script eingabe

Hallo,

nach dem ich ein script erstellen wollte (es war member) habe ich diese .Meldung bekommen

Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /htdocs/geek/gab/includes/gab_class_core.php on line 51
und es ging nichts mehr, kein Forum, kein ACP.
Als ich dann alle Add-ons ausgeschaltet habe über die conf Datei, konnte ich erst GAB deaktivieren. Seit dem läuft auch mein Forum wieder.
Ich hatte bis dorthin 26 scripte insgesamt. Kann es da zu Probleme kommen wenn es zu viele sind?

Es wäre nett wenn es eine Lösung gibt.

Gruß
Delazar

Last edited by Delazar; 05-08-2008 at 05:24 AM..
Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Klingt ähnlich wie http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4216

Ich kam aber noch ins ACP und konnte GAB von Hand abstellen so das das Forum wieder lief.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

@Hoffi: ATM I don't think Delazar's issue is related to your issue but maybe.

@Delazar: What version of PHP are you using, and is the following what you have for lines 48-56 in the gab_class_core.php file:
Code:
		$script = '';
		if (defined('THIS_SCRIPT'))
		{
			$script =& $this->settings['scripts'][THIS_SCRIPT];
		}
		if (!$script)
		{
			return;
		}
If so, try removing the & that is highlighted in bold red.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hallo Morgan,

meine PHP Version ist: 5.2.6RC4-pl0-gentoo
Ich habe das & gelöscht, aber bekomme immer noch die gleiche Fehlermeldung.

Gruß
Delazar
Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you made any modifications to the GAB code, try temporarily undoing them, or try this code for lines 48-56 in the gab_class_core.php file:
Code:
		$script = '';
		if (defined('THIS_SCRIPT') && $this->settings['scripts'][THIS_SCRIPT])
		{
			$script = $this->settings['scripts'][THIS_SCRIPT];
		}
		if (!$script)
		{
			return;
		}
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM

Hallo Morgan,

jetzt ist die Zeile 49 betroffen.
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /var/www/rpg-foren.com/htdocs/geek/gab/includes/gab_class_core.php on line 49
Gruß
Delazar
Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Put the code back to the following:
Code:
		$script = '';
		{
		}
		if (!$script)
		{
			return;
		}
ATM I think it's PHP 5.2.6 RC4 not being happy but maybe it's something else.

Go to ACP -> GAB -> Settings -> Debug and copy-paste here what you see.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Put the code back to the following:
Code:
		$script = '';
		{
		}
		if (!$script)
		{
			return;
		}
ATM I think it's PHP 5.2.6 RC4 not being happy but maybe it's something else.

Go to ACP -> GAB -> Settings -> Debug and copy-paste here what you see.
Hallo Morgan,

mach dem ich GAB Aktiviert habe, konnte ich zum ertsenmal alle Einstellungen wieder sehen. Und so sehen die aus:

Settings:
Alle leer!

Billboards:
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets nor overloaded objects in /var/www/rpg-foren.com/htdocs/admincp/GAB_admin.php on line 485
Scripts:
Alles leer!

Moderate und Stats::
Quote:
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/geek/gab/includes/gab_class_admin.php (Zeile 209)
Ich muss wieder alles Neu Installiere
Aber ich habe keine Lust wieder alles zu machen und dann passiert es wieder.

Gruß
Delazar
Old 05-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Seems like you are missing the GAB_settings row in the vB datastore table, as all three error have to do with settings. Run the following query and see if you have the relevant row. My guess is that the row is gone, so you'll need to get the row from a database backup:
Code:
# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you used one
SELECT * FROM datastore WHERE title = 'GAB_settings';
Old 05-10-2008, 06:40 AM

Hallo Morgen,

ich habe meinen Kollegen nochmal gefragt und es ist folgendes passiert.
Er hat member als script angelegt und wollte es aber danach wieder löschen, da er ein Tippfehler gemacht hat und wollte es löschen und da ist es dann passiert.
Es kann nicht sein dass alles gelöscht wird, wenn ich nur ein script lösche.

Gruß
Delazar