The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-24-2006, 10:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Sounds great
Old 04-24-2006, 08:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Luckily the price wont effect me for several months still. When the time comes to renew we shall see though I don't expect it to be a problem.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Remeber - youll only have to renew access to download section when an update comes out that you need.

License is owned
Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

where can i find the date my renewal is due, after a few formats i have lost emails with dates i got it??
Old 04-24-2006, 09:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Im currently working on a new members/downlaods section to accomidate the encoding. It contains your license keys, domains and expiries there. It should be availible this week once I get everything finished up and plugged in together.

Im pretty chuffed with the new license manager. I have written it from scratch and it does some pretty nifty things.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

It sounds great, except from the fact that you're going to encode the scripts... I'm not the guy who likes to peak on someone elses code but sometimes it's good to have the code of the application you're running. Maybe for an addon to fit my needs and so on.

I understand you when you want to protect your work though... I guess I will be happy to have a better GARS even when I cannot see how it is coded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Im currently working on a new members/downlaods section to accomidate the encoding. It contains your license keys, domains and expiries there. It should be availible this week once I get everything finished up and plugged in together.

Im pretty chuffed with the new license manager. I have written it from scratch and it does some pretty nifty things.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Does the new price increase going to help you hire someone to help with all of the support?

Thank you,

Michael
Old 04-25-2006, 06:13 AM

Very cool, I look forward to that
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM

I'm only going to be encoding the core classes - modules and such will be unencoded so you can still easily build add ons.

No, the price increase will reflect the extra additional work and costs for maintaining the project. An extra £5 on a £15 script isn't going to enable me to get an employee - for that I would be needing to bump the price up to the £75 mark. In theory, it will lower the amount of customers and support requests. If not, ill do what I have done now - limit sales

Thanks guys
Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I'm only going to be encoding the core classes - modules and such will be unencoded so you can still easily build add ons.

No, the price increase will reflect the extra additional work and costs for maintaining the project. An extra £5 on a £15 script isn't going to enable me to get an employee - for that I would be needing to bump the price up to the £75 mark. In theory, it will lower the amount of customers and support requests. If not, ill do what I have done now - limit sales

Thanks guys
I understand the disincentive idea for new customers, but if thats the only case why up the renewals? I know say £5 is not alot, but for people like me who have 3 licenses and looking to buy more it will result in an additional £20-£30 (eek)