The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default users cannot rate (Error getting info)

Hi,
my users cannot rate articles: when give the vote through the module they receive a messag error:
Quote:
Error getting info
How to fix?
An example here

Thanks

Last edited by magnaromagna; 07-20-2012 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: link not working anymore
Old 11-09-2006, 03:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

i got that error too. it occurred after i posted a comment, then tried to rate.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:31 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That can occur if there is no entry in the GARS table for the rating. This is usually a result of moving a thread into a gars forum. 2.0.1 should have sorted this, however if not - a quick workaround is to set the forum to a normal forum via the settings and save. Then go back and set it back to the original type.

HTHs
Old 11-16-2006, 12:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Got this same error with the latest version after moving a thread. "Error getting info"

Will look at the bug tracker
Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
That can occur if there is no entry in the GARS table for the rating. This is usually a result of moving a thread into a gars forum. 2.0.1 should have sorted this, however if not - a quick workaround is to set the forum to a normal forum via the settings and save. Then go back and set it back to the original type.

HTHs
updated to 202. Tried to set normal mode, empty cache, return on gars mode but nothing has changed
Old 11-16-2006, 08:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

OK... found the problem. 2.0.2 used the pre-fix php file. Ill upload 2.0.3 today which will address this issue.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:48 AM

in the download section there is not the 2.0.3

I tried to change to forum and re-change to gars: nothing

I tried to clear cache: nothing

If I add a new type of ratings it does not appear in the reply box (and if I try to vote through the rating box it show "any rating")

This is a big problem, I need to fix it
Thanks
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Ive skipped to 2.1 and that will be out today or tomorrow.