The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Fatal error: Class 'geek_Upload_Image' not found

I have installed GARS locally "2003 Server" to accelerate my work. Everything seems to work as advertised however whenever I try to upload a custom header image I get this error.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fatalerror.jpg (54.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You either have old files that were not overwritten or you havent uploaded all the new files. This can sometimes happen with a bad upload or permission errors. I would suggest redownloading the package and reuploading again, and double checking the file dates.

HTHs
Old 07-11-2007, 02:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
You either have old files that were not overwritten or you havent uploaded all the new files. This can sometimes happen with a bad upload or permission errors. I would suggest redownloading the package and reuploading again, and double checking the file dates.

HTHs
I have tried again. This is on a fresh install(unmodified) vbulletin v3.6.7 and latest Gars 2.1.8c

Here is the setup. 2003 64bit Server, Apache 1.3.31, PHP 5.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.41, Zend Optimizer.

To date everything works(scripts etc) but my guess is that Gars is confused with local dir permissions. When I first oppened up the setup screen there were mixed slash direction ex: f:\www\forum\gars/images/custom/...

Any other ideas?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM

I also wanted to add that the behavior is the same from within Gars system settings and forum view. fatal error under both input areas.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I work on a windows box too... the slash thing is just a sign youre running on windows that wont be the problem. Im running the same set up as you, but im on xp rather than 2003, so I wouldnt suspect that would be the problem. In fact, I have never some across this where the page spits out the PHP as text unless the page was not getting parsed as PHP.

Hmmm, I just can't figure out the problem. The code is pretty straight forward. Can you check any error logs to get any other indication of what the problem could be?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM

Good idea, I will check logs and report back here.
Also, I have begun to setup a second, apache, mysql serfv installation dir. (just to be sure)

PS. should the slash's remain as Gars detects them? I replaced that with local path information.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:52 PM

Alright I'm done.
  • I installed a fresh apache/mysql server this time. (no zend or optimizations etc)
  • Installed fresh vBull 3.6.7 - PL1
  • Enabled plugins and installed GARS 2.1.8c
  • Activated Article Type under: Main Category > Main Forum
  • Created New Article
  • Upload Header image > Browse > 100x100px .jpg

Fatal error: Class 'geek_Upload_Image' not found in f:\webserver\www\forum\geek\gars\includes\gars_fun ctions_image.php on line 123

Here is php log:
Code:
[11-Jul-2007 14:18:35] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'geek_Upload_Image' not found in f:\webserver\www\forum\geek\gars\includes\gars_functions_image.php on line 123

[11-Jul-2007 14:21:51] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'geek_Upload_Image' not found in f:\webserver\www\forum\geek\gars\includes\gars_functions_image.php on line 123

Last edited by JohnBee; 07-11-2007 at 06:35 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM

There is something seriously wrong here. The reason it cant find your gars file is because it cant even open your vb config file (see the first error in your above post). vB shouldnt even run?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
There is something seriously wrong here. The reason it cant find your gars file is because it cant even open your vb config file (see the first error in your above post). vB shouldnt even run?
I am very sorry about that
I forgot to exclude errors I undergone prior to installing Gars. I hit the install.php from vBulletin and forgot to set the config.php.new
The accurate Gars log information is following that point, I have edited the error log.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM

hmmm,

Can you verify that /geek/gars/includes/geek_class_upload.php is there and permissions are correct?