The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Mythotical joins The Geek for GeekMart

About 6 months (or more) ago, I pulled GeekMart off the helves for the simple reason that I had too much on my plate to support and develop GARS, GAL, GAB and GeekMart. Therefore instead of simply selling GM and giving crappy support, I yanked it off the helves.

Funnily enough, instead of saving me time I ended up spending more time dealing with PM's where vB admins were practically begging me to let them still buy it on the side! Well, I finally decided to look for some talent to help me out in this area!

I am proud to announce that Mythotical has joined the GeekMart development team to blow the dust back off the project and get it pushed to release. Mythotical has been a member of the site and a user of the projects here for some time and has done extensive GeekMart installations and modifications so we are lucky to have his enthusiasm and experience on board.

So when can you buy it again? When will a new release be out? Can you suggest new features?

We are currently establishing where GeekMart is at and what needs to happen in order for GeekMart to make it to gold. Once we can establish that, we will make it available for purchase while we push it to gold.

We are eager to hear your suggestions on GeekMart, but please remember that GM is feature set. Our goal is to complete GM in its current inception and then take a broad look at it to see where its future will take us.

nJoy
Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yippee! Welcome Mythotical! and welcome back Geek.

Susan and James
Old 02-28-2007, 08:10 PM

WoW! Great News.
w're waiting for GM GolD!
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

rejoice! this is perhaps the best news i've heard all day.

a couple of thoughts:

1. i feel as though the end game will be in enabling controlled p2p commerce as much as possible. (by controlled i simply mean admin can establish which usergroups can/cannot sell stuff). i imagine this might make stuff a lot more complicated but i think more and more people will be wanting stuff like this.

2. i'm really concerned about usability. anyway to add to cart without having to submit a form that goes back to the server and causes the page to reload? any ajax solution?

eager to see this project back on board, and to see the geek empire expanding!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you can work on multiple stores (i.e. a user can create their own shop/mart), I for one can guarantee a nice donation coming your way. This would be the killer app for anyone who is running a vendor friendly site. I have people screaming at me for this functionality!

Thanks for taking on this project.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

A licensing system such as your own is an absolute necessity for people who use Geekmart to sell digital goods.
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

WOW, thanks for that announcement. Now the cat is out of the bag and its official. I will do my best to live up to the name of GM and this site. As well, I have finally got my vBulletin working properly again on my test site so now extensive testing of GM on my end is taking place where I will analyze everything about, find broken issues and note them. In due time I will have everything taken care of with it. I'm pushing to have gold done as soon as possible.

Cheers
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 03-03-2007, 03:23 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

What about the ability to set up different users to be messaged when a product is purchased? This could be determined by category or product.

This would be done so that various individuals could be automatically pmed when their item is purchased. Rather than it currently going to the admin who then has to forward it on to the owner of the product.

I use it as a lesson system now and have to forward the messages on.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Ideally, you would set up the user as a vendor and use the email vendor module so that when a product of theirs is purchased, they get notification.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Delighted to hear of the GM resurrection. It is the primary reason I bought my licenses for GM, GAB and GARS. Will we be seeing any similar activity with GAB?
Allcompu.com
ExpressClipart.com