The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-13-2007, 11:18 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Featured Module on Forum Display

I am trying to add a feature module to this forum display page:

http://www.prenatalyogacenter.com/fo...splay.php?f=11

It works in the top but doesn't look very good. Also it breaks the template, notice the "Resources in Category : NYC Resources" javascript search has jumped down to the bottom of the forum display.

Ideally I'd like to move it to my right hand column but when I do it breaks the template. The page looks like this.

http://www.prenatalyogacenter.com/fo...splay.php?f=40

Is this supposed to work in the forumdisplay?

Last edited by waltercat; 05-13-2007 at 11:24 PM..
Old 05-14-2007, 05:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Walter

THere have been some changes in since 2.1.5 regarding those module locations. Im not 100% sure if it will address your problem though. I would suggest updating to the latest version and making sure the relevant templates are reverted. If they are still wacked out, then I can tackle it for you.

HTHs!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

2.1.7 is stable? I'm happy with how 2.1.5 is running and I always seem to run into problems when upgrading. Especially with the ratings system. I guess I'll give it a go and let you know.

BTW, the mod is great!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hehe, 2.1.7c is about the most stable GARS has been since version 2. We hit an odd patch of errors with 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 because
GARS is getting to be a challenge to maintain as its features grow (fix one bug only to cause a new one ) Thankfully I got all of that sussed. Ill be looking forward to a good total rewrite once my other projects get some love
Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 AM

It fixed my problem!

A clean install. I've very happy with 2.1.7c so far.

One small issue, when I edit a rating via the ajax system in FF it doesn're refresh with the updated rating. I need to refresh the page.

Otherwise great stuff!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM

Thanks if you get a sec, make sure it makes it into the bug tracker