The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

OK, that fixed it.

Do I really want to leave mod caching off? Every time I reenable it the old deleted articles show up again. Do I need to run something while caching is off to completely wipe these entries out?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Generally running the cron job should sort it, however I suspect that it may not be the case in this instance - otherwise it would have caught it by now (you do have the cron job running right?).
You can also set the cache to newthread which will rebuild it (turning it off just disables it).
Im going to look at a manual clearing method for the future too.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned

Geek, you can develope Article, Review, tutorials in GARS have a new field "LAST UPDATE" (put in inside header of Gars_pb template) same as Install Addon?. Because After I used Install Addon, I feel Last update field very important for author who write the threads and the members when they read topic used Article, Review or Tutorials in Forum.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:51 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill be adding a custom thread fields option in an update soon. Well. I say soon. I will be adding it after the next round of bug squashes.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Will it do something like this hack:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...8&page=1&pp=15

That would be pretty cool! Especially how it handles the threadbit, I really like that.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 AM

hehe. Ya. Looks like it
Old 02-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Ill be adding a custom thread fields option in an update soon. Well. I say soon. I will be adding it after the next round of bug squashes.
1. Yeah, thanks Geek so much. I'm waitting for the next update.

2. Geek, you can add this below same as the photo to the next update of GARS:

Because In Article, Tutorial, Review, Install I see the row (include the check box of post in right) of in GARS_pb template default is look empty and boring, I want add some thing as post_collapse and date-time to make the row relieve empty and boring.

3. One question final: I want move the Thread Tools (the toolbar above every post in GARS) to put below same as vb.org. How to do this !?

Old 02-28-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
hehe. Ya. Looks like it
Coolio.

Any idea when this might be in Alpha/Beta?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:16 PM

Not really. Im working on getting GAB RC3 up tonight, then an alpha of GUSS. After that, ill do aniteration of GARS and see where Im at.

Its not really going to be very difficult to do. I laid some of the ground work out for it last week. Its all just a matter of prioritizing customers needs.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:07 PM

I hate to be a nag, but is this in the realm or days, weeks, or months? I would obviously prefer to use a GARS solution, but this seems to be a very hot hack and would really allow me to do some neat ideas I have been playing with.

Thanks!