The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Can not upload images

We all of the sudden can not upload images. Not in galleries, header images, setting default header images.. nothing.

It started off as problem with images being uploaded, but broken (the filesize would be 0 bytes). I upgraded to the latest version, and now it won't even attempt to upload (it acts like it is uploading, no errors at all... just does nothing but redirect as if the image actually uploaded).

If I upload a header image it ignores it and uses the default image instead.

It worked for 2 years. Did not touch any settings. Now it doesn't work, and upgrading seemed to have made it even worse (ignores uploads).

not running safe mode.
path/url is the same as it was when it worked last week.
chmod is the same as it was when it worked last week.
all other vbulletin gd functions work.

Any ideas?

edit: The only thing that has changed is my mysql version. Upgraded from 5.0.45 to 5.075
edit2: Just reverted back to my old version of mysql, still did not work.

Last edited by corey; 01-29-2009 at 03:48 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

MySQL wouldn't be it. Might be the directory permissions. Double check that the GARS images directory and all sub-directories in the GARS images directory have 777 permissions.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 PM

I have same problem. But this problem occured after i moved my website to a new server.

I can not upload any header image or thumbnails in custom modules. I have ammended the path of the images directory. I have the correct permissions for image directory and all sub-directories.

I will appreciate it a lot if you give me an advise...

Regards

Last edited by stckhlm; 02-03-2009 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 PM

I've solved my image uploading problem through Re-Sync pages - Clean Cache and Clean Orphans options. Thanks...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM

I am experiencing the same issue. However, Re-Sync pages, Clean Cache and Clean Orphans options does not solve the issue.

All directories have been verified for 0777 and the absolute path is correct as well. I have also tried functionality with safe mode on and off.

One thing to note, I no longer see the gallery of all the other header images now either.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please double check that the server path in the GARS ACP Settings is correct. If safe mode is on in PHP, try setting it to off. Also check that the GARS images directory, and all sub-directories inside the GARS images directory, have 777 permissions. On a *nix server, to set 777 permissions in one go via hell, cd to your GARS images directory, and then type the following:
Code:
find YOUR_GARS_IMAGES_DIR -type d | xargs chmod 777
For the images, make sure they are on the server with 644 permissions and look in the HTML source for a link to an image, and then type that link into your browser to check if you can see the image.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-09-2009, 03:14 PM

Question I can not upload image

I've moved my website from a basic hosting account to own dedicated server. But now, i can not upload any image. Not just header images but also custom module pictures too...

Absolute path to images folder : (this folder and all subfolders are chmod 777)
Code:
/home/mysite/public_html/geek/gars/images
FULL URL to your default images folder
Code:
http://www.mysite/geek/gars/images
Safe Mode is off

*I've reuploaded all the original files and re-installed the product again. (with overwrite option)

*I did most of the options in Tools/AdminCP/GARS

Every time i post a new thread or even edit the current thread, instead of my selected image, the default image is showing on thread. So it doesnt upload any picture. And also in custom fields, i can not upload any image too.

How can i solve this problem ?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Looks like your Full URL is missing the .com bit, but as for uploading, try checking your server error logs for an error message pertaining to uploads. Maybe you don't have a /tmp directory set up, or if you do, maybe it is not world readable/writable, i.e., 777 permissions.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Problem is not the .com bit. "mysite" was just an example. I have the /tmp directory and its chmod 777. Its really strange problem for me. I did most of the things but still can not solve the problem.

I couldnt fin any error in logs either.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Try checking whether your PHP installation is logging errors. Without an error message, it is really hard to say what is happening.