The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Featured/Past articles [by Author]?

I looked at the demo, and the hack seems to be exactly what I've been looking for, but I have one concern:

The featured/previous articles feature --- can it be made to be author specific? For example, when reading an article composed by one particular author, readers can access previous articles/reviews created by that specific author, not anyone elses.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There currently isnt a module for it right now, however it wouldnt be overly difficult to make a module that shows the latest authors articles.

Is that what you're asking?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

That is precisely what I'm asking. The desire is to have select members of the community I'm involved in to post articles and reviews. These soon-to-be authors will want readers to have clear access to their previous reviews/articles, much in the same way the "Featured Articles" is set up now except that will only showcase featured/past articles composed by them.

EDIT: By the way, this is Orangeflea from VB.org, the guy who has a list of 900 links using your GAL . Big fan of your work.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Your the mental one 900 is pushing GAL for all hes worth!

Its not too hard of a module to do. If no one takes it up ill look at it when I catch up on some other things