The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default difference between subforums in Articles and Reviews?

Hey Morgan,

I have managed to change the look of the subforums in the Articles?

now I have created the Review forums it is not using the same subforums look? does it use the same templates? or do I have to change another one?

I am trying to locate it but with no luck
Old 08-01-2009, 05:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Ok sorry I have just realized that it uses the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post rather than GARS_forumbit_level1_post when you choose a forum to be a review forum?

Is there a way around this to get it to call GARS_forumbit_level1_post ??
Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can set your templates for each type by going to
admincp => GARS => templates
If you want you reviews to user other templates create a new template set
to be used by the review type.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikhansen View Post
You can set your templates for each type by going to
admincp => GARS => templates
If you want you reviews to user other templates create a new template set
to be used by the review type.
Hey henrikhansen,

I understand what you are saying however that is not the issue as the review type is using the same templates set as the articles, which is the default template set, however the subforums are showing differently.

I am not sure where this is configured. As mentioned bove the GARS_forumbit_level1_post as the fubforum template however the review type is using forumhome_forumbit_level1_post.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Via the ACP -> GARS -> Types check the following setting:
How many columns for subforums?
0 or blank for vB default
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams