The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-22-2008, 05:10 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAZ Bug?

Morgan,

I just sent out my 3rd newsletter with GAZ tonight and I noticed something that to me seems to be a bug. In the modules setup where you have Most Viewed topics and Hot Topics, there is a checkbox whether to use the all-time stats for calculating these or to use only stats since the last newsletter (in my case last month). Even though I have it selected to not use the lifetime stats but to only look at stats since the last newsletter, it is using lifetime stats instead. What that means is each newsletter my most viewed topics and hot topics never change! Ugh...

Can you fix please?

Thanks!
KenDude
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to the GAZ ACP Issues section and select the issue of interest and then look at the Start Date field. If the 'Ignore time frame' option under the GAZ ACP Modules section is set to no, then the threads selected are those where the time of the last post is greater than or equal to the start date. Hot threads are where views are greater than or equal to the Hot Threads Qualifying Views value set in the ACP vBulletin Options.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yep you have bugs Morgan.

Issue #3 (the one I just sent out) has a Start Date of June 23, 2008. Ignore time frame for Most Viewed Topics is set to NO in the modules section.

However, it is selecting topics created LONG before the start date, some years in fact.

For Hot Threads I have the module set as:
"Only select from hot topics" = Yes
Ignore Time Frame = NO

I would expect that to pull ONLY hot topics from the last month (my newsletters go out monthly)

But again that's NOT what is happening it is pulling from the beginning of time!

Do you still have your username/password for my site as you should still have admincp access if you want to verify this for yourself.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

For the repeat threads that show, is their time of the last post on June 23, 2008 or later?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 PM

Hmmm I'll have to check and see, I suppose an option that let's you configure between original posting date and last post in a thread date would allow an admin to choose which style they want to send. I have a couple of long running topics that continue to gets a few posts every month so those are always going to show up as hot topics even though they really aren't that hot anymore, etc.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Untested but try the following edit in the GAZ threadblock.php file.

Code:
			(!$settings['time'] ? " AND thread.lastpost >= " . intval($this->issue['frequency']) : "" ) . "
To:
Code:
			(!$settings['time'] ? " AND thread.dateline >= " . intval($this->issue['frequency']) : "" ) . "