The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Question AdminCP Problem

As you can see through above picture, there is no settings section for some modules of GARS in my AdminCP. (Settings table (Ayarlar) doesnt show the content)

Above screenshot is belong to Published By module. I have this problem for some other modules too.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem ?

Regards...
Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What are the names of the PHP files for these modules? When you go to add a module, the drop down menu contains the title and the name of the PHP files.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM

I use original Published By module which use GARS_mod_container, GARS_userinfo templates and userinfo.php as the module file.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The userinfo.php module currently does not have any settings. If you want to get rid of the mod container from the output, untested, but try editing the /geek/gars/mods/display/userinfo.php file.

Find this:
Code:
eval('$output .= "' . fetch_template('GARS_mod_container') . '";');
Replace with this:
Code:
$output .= '<table>' . $bits . '</table>';
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM

Question

Original Custom Module : (Picture-1)

Modified Custom Module : (Picture-2)

I've registered a new module as custom fields2 with below options.
Title : Custom Fields2
Module File : custom_fields2.php
Templates to Cache : GARS_custom_container,GARS_custom_row2,GARS_custom _date,GARS_custom_input,GARS_custom_text,GARS_cust om_textarea,GARS_custom_thumbnail

I've copied the custom_fields.php and re-uploaded it with custom_fields2.php name (i've also changed the contented as mentioned below) into geek/gars/mods/display folder.

I've changed $deftemplate = "GARS_custom_thumb_row"; line in custom_fields2.php to $deftemplate = "GARS_custom_thumb_row2"; to get the result of Picture-2.

But i do have same problem as i mentioned in my first post. There is no settings/options screen as shown on below picture.

You may wonder why i do like this. Its because for some sections of my forum, i do need the same style/design as on Picture-1 and for some others i need as on Picture-2. And to get the Picture-2 style, i did this change...

Last edited by stckhlm; 02-02-2009 at 04:57 PM..
Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Not all modules have settings. If you want settings, you would need to look at the PHP files in the /geek/gars/mods sub-directories to see how settings are formed.