The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Modifications > Add-ons

Add-ons Modifications and add-ons for vB Geek stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Comment

Release Tools Display Modes

Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Link Directory for GARS 2.1.8m

Link Directory for GARS 2.1.8m (Demo It)

Turn a forum into a link...
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
By Morgan on 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM

As this site is running the latest version of GARS and this add-on, please make a test here and then edit it to see if you get the same error message. Note that if the thumbnail provider does not have a thumbnail/screenshot of the site, the default image will appear.
By Seeker on 01-06-2009, 05:49 PM

Yes the test does work HERE. But for the rest of us this addon does not work. Perhaps some constructive support would help. Is there a debug mode?
By Morgan on 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM

As listed in the release post, this add-on is not supported, though I have already given every explanation I can think of as to why thumbnails do not show, so the only other thing I can suggest to you is to take another read through the thread, check whether you can upload images to GARS via a custom field, make sure you meet the PHP requirements listed in the release post, verify that the absolute path to GARS images folder has 777 permissions, and/or try a different thumb service provider by editing the Snap Settings via the ACP -> GARS -> Modules -> click a module set -> click the Snap link.
By tazzarkin on 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM

We are so thankful to the person who made this add-on feature and it works great except for just one thing... the thumbnails. I've tried every service provider, went through the instructions about 10 times, step by step, but it still doesn't work.

Let me add... we are so thankful for the person who made this. It's just that some little step must be missing from the instructions, because it's just not working with the thumbnails.
By Morgan on 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM

If you are getting the default thumbnail, then the thumb service provider does not have a thumbnail for that site, so you might try a different thumb service provider. The first post has a link to alternative thumb service providers.
By porcupine73 on 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Mine didn't work on the default provider. I switched to snapcasa and it works well. However if snapcasa doesn't have a thumbnail for the site, it queues it and returns a 'request has been queued' image, which then becomes your thumbnail.
By MasterMind on 02-19-2009, 06:42 AM

Is this compatible with vb 3.8 and is it CSRF protected? Also, what about exploit and bug fixes?
By Morgan on 02-23-2009, 02:44 PM

This site is using this add-on and vB 3.8.

Demo: http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

There are no known exploits or bugs with this add-on.
By powerful_rogue on 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM

Ive just started to receive the following errors when submitting a link

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxxxxxx/1DM6KD91/htdocs1/geek/gars/images/12416423001217850948.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/geek/gars/mods/persist/snap.php on line 69

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/xxxxxxxx/1DM6KD91/htdocs1/geek/gars/images/12416423001217850948.jpg in [path]/geek/gars/mods/persist/snap.php on line 77

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/xxxxxxx/1DM6KD91/htdocs1/geek/gars/images/1241642300983569504.jpg in [path]/geek/gars/mods/persist/snap.php on line 88

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/class_core.php
Line: 3277

Edit - Problem solved, related to my file path
Last edited by powerful_rogue; 05-06-2009 at 08:43 PM..
By Dr. Bantham on 06-21-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Mine didn't work on the default provider. I switched to snapcasa and it works well. However if snapcasa doesn't have a thumbnail for the site, it queues it and returns a 'request has been queued' image, which then becomes your thumbnail.
What URL code are you using? I cannot get this to work. It used to work with LiveThumbs, but their service appears to be down. I have tried every combination I can think of and still get the dreaded:
Quote:
1. There was an error encountered with your upload:

* This is not a valid image file.
2. Error1 generating image
At this point, you cannot even post a new link, which makes it a broken module altogether. This module is not supported, therefore I am going to purchase vBadvanced's Link Directory if I cannot get this to function again soon.
Comment

Release Tools