The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Using GALS with calendars

Is it possible to use GALs inside the calendar area (when you've clicked on an event link to get more information) - Example place here
so that the title would have a GAL 's popup with the address of the place? I did a quick search but couldn't see anything related to this, so apologies if this has been covered!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hello,

I am sure it could be configured to display in the events post. I don't think it parses the thread titles though.

A GAL link can contain anything you enter into it. If you want an address in there, you can add an address.

I just did a quick test on my dev site and the GAL didn't parse the event. I am sure it can be done though. (I think. lol )
Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

yep that's what I found too.... I sat typing in all the information, then checked to see if it parsed it.. it didn't, hence my question
Old 01-24-2006, 05:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hey there. Cant see the page as it requires a login.
It can be done (im sure) but would require some custom plugin coding. Im not sure how efficient it would be specifically for that though as all post text would get parsed for the 'event' as well which could lead to a bloated system.

What I think would suit your needs best is a new hack that would give you the contents of the event in a popup.

ANyhooo, here is a tutorial on parsing text with GAL , though I dont think its what you are after-> http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=161