The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-05-2005, 07:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default How to remove standard wrapper?

How do I remove the standard wrapper from my ads? The only option in the master script is standard wrapper.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

All ads must have a wrapper.

If you want to create a custom wrapper (ie one with no border around it) then create a new template called gab_wrapper_noborder. Check out the gab_wrapper_standard template for an idea.

Then go into settings->templates and add a new template (gab_wrapper_noborder).

Hope this is what you were after.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Well, I have a link for Templates at the top of my GAB settings page in AdminCP. When I click on that I get a list of all the templates and their names. There's a button to Add a new one. But nowhere can I see how to edit one or how one of the others is set up. And after adding a new one I still cannot change the one defined in Master.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:17 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

To edit one of the existing ones... just change the values in the text boxes.

The naming convention is important. For wrapper templates, it has to be : GAB_wrapper_name

(with GAB in upper case).

HTH's
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 AM

I must be really dense because I don't know what text boxes you're talking about. Unless you mean changing the text of the template name and description? Those are the only boxes on my Templates page.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:44 AM

To edit an item, yes - change the description or value text and click save. To add a new one, click add new.

HTH's
Old 11-09-2005, 04:44 AM

Well, just adding one doesn't work. I've tried it and then changed master to it and the ad just disappears altogether.

Is there a definition for no border based on the wrapper name you gave me? Otherwise, how does it know what I want. Suppose I want a border that is thinner than the standard wrapper. Can that be changed? And if so, how? There appears to be no place to change the attributes of the wrapper?

Or perhaps it's just my installation?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:24 AM

Naa... Most likely just a Beta

Just edit the GAB_wrapper_standard template for now.