The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Wow, this is not good news. I hope time will make things better for you.

I think you should just leave the scripts right here and take whatever time you need to get your families affairs in order. I'm sure the membership here can help each other out just as much, if not better, than at vBORG. And you definitely want to be wary of handing them over to smiling profiteers.

Don't panic and let it ride for awhile. No one is going to trash you for taking care of your own needs now and in the future. Wait a few months and see how it goes.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I came here to renew my GARS license when I stumbled onto this thread by way of the purchase link. Even if the support has been halted, I would have purchased the renewal license anyway. Irresponsible?...No. Confidence in a product?...Yes, most definitely. If the option to renew a license exists, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Take care of the things/matters you need to as I hope everything goes well in your future. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers that the renewal option will come my way.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

come back when you are ready, we will be waiting for you
take care my friend
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Dear Geek, if you are in a revenue crunch then why would you like to close down on a constant recourse of revenue earned from your scripts, however small that revenue might be?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sam -

Please don't release your scripts on .org. Take your time, take care of your business, and return when all is well.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral Singh View Post
Dear Geek, if you are in a revenue crunch then why would you like to close down on a constant recourse of revenue earned from your scripts, however small that revenue might be?
It´s not that simple, you can´t collect revenue from the scripts without
support and development.

However, I would hope that Geek could keep this site as a hobby project in future, just supporting the current products and upgrading the current scripts as vbulletin develops.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Gars and other products are the best thing to come to vBul. since vBadvanced!
I would hate to see such a wonderful script go. I for one felt it was worth every single penny from the day we invested in these scripts.

Having said this, I totally sympathize with your situation and would say without a doubt that family comes first, hands down, bar none! I do hope you can come to a peaceful and beneficial solution in the near future and that Gars will continue to be all it was meant to be.

All the best to you and yours.
JohnBee
Old 08-31-2007, 08:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
The only solution I can see at this stage is to submit the latest builds to .org in hopes that the community will be able to pick up development and support of the projects. [...]

I have emptied out my paypal account to issue refunds for everyone as far back as I can afford to (about the last month of purchases). I would go back further than that, however I think that a month is fair and the reality is that I now have only about 24 cents in my account!
Dear Sam,

I guess i can understand in which situation you are. When my father was about to die in 2005 I had to close my site for several obvious reasons. It took nearly a year until I was able to get back to the site and reopen it - in a totaly different way.

I dont know what is happening in your family, but I clearly understand that there is something threatening a family member or your whole family. And at that point I want to show my respect and my support for you and your family.

I highly aprecciate, that you set your family over everything else. Not everyone is doing that. And I also clearly understand and see, that every crisis needs some backup und support from others - especially when a part of your monthly income breaks away and is even needed more then ever before.

Sam, let me say it this way: here we are.

The way you acted as stated in your quote is the fairest behaviour that I could imagine and ever experienced in my 20 years worldwideweb- and when I now say Thank you, be sure this one comes from the heart.

I would like to encourage you to reopen the purchase of your scripts under the following conditions:
  • all script will be non-supported
  • all scripts will be downloaded at own risk and no warranty of functionality
  • all scripts are purchased in the as-it-is-status.
"I will always set the mission first. I will never quit. I will never accept defeat - and I will never leave a fallen comrade."
Words I have sworn in a slightly different way while being in the service and later had become the basis of my daily life.

Sure, in the back of my mind I know that I would like to use some of your scripts. But thats not my primary focus. I can live without them - but I also don´t wanna let you down, when you have shown an outstanding fair behaviour, loyality to your customers and excellent service throughout the years. I wasn´t build for that.

In addition to that I wanna ask you to post your paypal-adress or your bank account. Why? Because I and I guess a couple of guys here would like to support you and your family in a financial way.

Gimme a tip on my shoulder when there is something else I can do for you.
Keep up, mate. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Marv.

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
(Henry Rollins)

Last edited by Marv; 08-31-2007 at 09:14 AM..
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 AM

Has it been determined where the future of vbgeeks scripts will reside?
Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 AM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I second Marv's idea.