The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAZ Gold: problems persist

Well, I still can not delete custom module sets in the GOLD release. And how can I have the date in the info-module display in german? BTW, it still always shows January 1, 1970 no matter when the issue was generated.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:27 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Pix,

The deletion of module sets was a really tricky one and to be honest, since it wasnt in the tracker, I spaced off writing the code for it. Regardless, I have it sorted for next release.

I have also changed from a universal long date format to the language specific format.

Im not sure what you mean by showing January 1st, 1970. Can you tell me where and when you see that?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The Jan 1st 1970 rings all sorts of bells... Isn't that the start date of the Unix timestamp? Sounds like a timestamp set to 0 as it counts the number of seconds since midnight of Jan 1 1970. ::shrug::

Not sure if it's helpful, but it's what popped into my head when I saw that date.

James and Susan
Old 06-22-2007, 05:40 PM

Yup, you hit the nail on the head... but Im just not sure why a 0 would be coming up as a timestamp.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:46 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Well, I don't know what to make of this information, guys, but thanks anyway! You can see it in action on the top-right of all info-modules in my newsletter.

Thanks so much!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 PM

hmmm.... something is awry there. It could be because of the formatting, but I couldnt understand why. Are those newsletters generated manually or automatically?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:24 AM

I created them manually.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:59 AM

Well, the problem still persist!! how can I solve this?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM

If you generate them automatically, does it change anything?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Well, I didn't dare to do so yet.

In the meanwhile I commented a line of code in the info-block module (info.php). This makes the date completely vanish, but I'm not sure if any of the functionality is also affect by this.