The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Question Clothing sales ideas

Anyone selling clothing using GM?

If so, how did you get around the "only one option per item" thing - ie, you can't have an option to choose size and colour, you have to create each colour as a seperate item, then have a drill down of sizes - but did someone find a better way?

And to the Geek and co, now GM is back on the road - is this likely to be added (multiple options per item) - if so, I might hold off putting my shop live until this is done as I don't want to lose my order history when the upgrade comes.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Ben,

It's something we would like to do - however I doubt it will make it to the gold 1.0 release as it would require a heavy reworking.

Would maybe a rethink of the interface help for this kind of set up. In other words, instead of a line per colour and size... a drop down list or 2?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I can see this being quite a show stopper for some people as many things require a few variables. Clothing being one of the main things

2 drop downs per product would be good yes, then they can pick one of each , one for the colour and one for the size.

I reckon now the best way if for me to make loads of options which cover all the items, it's just some have almost 14 colours to choose from, so will need to make 42 options to cover them all (eek!)
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ultimately, each line SHOULD correspond with a SKU and ultimately a stock figure. What needs to be done (IMO) is to create an easier method for users to select items.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Ah I get ya.

So like:
T-Shirt
> Small - Red
> Medium - Red
> Large - Red

etc .... this is what i'll do for now, but like I said, some items have 14 colours and 4 sizes, so it's going to take a while to put them all in .. lol
Old 03-14-2007, 01:15 PM

ya. Ideally, I UI that would allow users to select colour and one to select size. When the two get put together, you get a SKU. Not sure how to do this though
Old 04-09-2007, 06:09 AM

Here's a good example of why we need this feature

http://www.fiatforum.com/shop.php?do...ayproduct&id=3

Can anyone say "long scrolling page"?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:40 PM

lol - yea - but I don't think it soo bad... I like the colour blocks
Old 04-10-2007, 06:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'm watching this thread as well, since clothing/t-shirt sales is how I'd use geekmart
Old 04-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Default A couple of thoughts

1. To the OP I'd suggest, until the Geek and Myth can modify things, creating each shirt color as a separate product?

So you've got one product for red shirts, one product for blue shirts etc. Then the purchaser is only selecting size (implemented as different items) on the final page, it would be a bit cleaner looking and keep people from having to scroll down so far, which they hate to do .

2. This has made me think a bit about something we're trying to do where it would be useful to separate the GUI from the cart itself, I should probably post that as a separate thread though.

It's odd how something only tangentially related can sometime help you suddenly solve another problem... Thanks for the mental kickstart!

James and Susan