The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default [3.5.2] Quick registration

I'd like to suggest a very quick, limited registration form to get past the purchase requirements. I'm using vbulletin and geekmart to manage around 500 webpages by way of usergroup permissions and I'd like to simplify the registration process. As we stand right now, as users are pushed to the geekmart page by redirect (1 screen), they then go to a no permission page after attempting to purchase access (2 screens), click register and agree to terms (3 screens so far), fill in forum information (4th screen), then are thrown into the forum abyss, by this time so frustrated, they probably won't purchase access.

What I'm hoping you can help me with is only 1 screen. Agree to terms, username, password, and email address. That's it. Any way this can happen? I've been hacking away at it, but can't seem to find the remedy.

Thanks Samuel.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

its a great idea, but one I would see being a .org mod. What about email confirmation and such?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

We don't use email confirmation so that's not a big concern of mine. Guess I'll keep at it. From a sales standpoint, it's not really a great idea, it's a necessity. People are fickle and if you irritate them with page after page when all they want to do is get to the end product, you'll see more people leave than stay.