The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-10-2006, 01:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This button have nothing to do with GARS. This is something from vB 3.5
If a thread is closed you see the CLOSED image for example etc.....

Check the postbit template, I think there was a fitting if statement to solve this for you.
I've done something similar weeks ago....

Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Concerning the buttons, I did a few tests and apparently there is a conflict with another hack, since this behaviour is not exclusive of the Articles forums. So I'm taking both items back from the list of issues in my first post.

I'll disable the hacks that use forumdisplay and/or showthread, where I believe the problem lies. I have a couple others that use both hooks, besides GARS, and since I'm having trouble with both, that could be a hint.

Last edited by Dennis B; 04-10-2006 at 05:14 PM..
Old 04-10-2006, 06:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

running admincp/gars_admin.php?do=cleangars will get rid of the stuck feature
The 2 hard coded phrases are known issues that will be resolved in 2.0
Stumped about your new comment button, but it appears to be another hack you have installed?
I never said 'wait till I have the time'. I have been working my ass of on all feature requests and bug fix requests. 2 hard coded phrases seems to be the only issue I can see with your post.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 06:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I can understand you Dennis, but I can vouch for the Geek's extraordinary attitude in support, considering he's the only one working in both aspects of development, I've seen entire companies who can't match his genuine care for the products and his customers.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:42 PM

Geek,

I never said you said that. Sorry for any confusion, I just got a little pissed off at the first answer where I was just told to "wait".

Concerning the buttons, both the forumdisplay* (newthread button) and showthread* (reply button) scripts seem affected. I have 5 hacks installed that use hooks at both positions: GARS, Default Sort/field Order for Forumdisplay, Access Permissions Based on User's Post Count, Personal Stickys and PhotoPlog. Not sure if you ever heard about problems with any of these. Any hint or suggestions where to start looking would be appreciated. Thanks and again - sorry for the previous words. Hopefully you can help me sort this out.

Last edited by Dennis B; 04-10-2006 at 06:44 PM..
Old 04-11-2006, 03:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I have the Personal Sticky's and the Default Sort/Field Order plugins installed without any conflict with GARS if that helps at all.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Thanks, it sure does help!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

if you disable all other hacks, does it work?