The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King
Edit your template set and change GARS_forumdisplay to forumdisplay
Yeah i tried that before i posted and all it did was 1st not appear at all, and then 2nd once i had changed it to FORUMDISPLAY it complete screwed up, as you can see here;

http://www.geekforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Quote:
Article tools module is mainly for showthread so i dont advise you to put it on forumdisplay. Forumtools is not an option. It is a module. You can add new modules , change the module positions from admincp under GARS , Modules.
Sorry thats what i meant, i have not selected it as a module but it is still showing up. I deselected it on purpose as i dont want it, but it still showed up.

Quote:
Just edit your module and change the position to below contect
Yes i already tried that before posting, but it displays at the end of the article rather than after it.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The new 'below content' isnt exactly 'below' the post its more 'in it'. Personally I like it, but it looks pants for what youre trying to do. Ill sort this for next release. However editing the GARS_pb template should work as an interim.

THere are 2 things you need to change for a normal forumdisplay:
Change GARS_forumdisplay and GARS_threadbit to forumdisplay and threadbit respectively.

Lizard is right in that Article Tools is only for Showthread pages. In fact, I dont think it will even appear on a forumdisplay page.

HTHs
Old 07-13-2006, 03:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
............However editing the GARS_pb template should work as an interim.
That will be exciting, i emailed www.techenclave.com to ask how they did it, but they weren't very forth coming. hehe.

Any pointers with regards to which lines of code i should be looking at.

Quote:
THere are 2 things you need to change for a normal forumdisplay:
Change GARS_forumdisplay and GARS_threadbit to forumdisplay and threadbit respectively.
Thats perfect, all sorted now.!!!! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Lizard is right in that Article Tools is only for Showthread pages. In fact, I dont think it will even appear on a forumdisplay page.
HTHs
well whatever was going on it was definately showing in the forumdisplay, but i have no changed to the forumdisplay and it all works perfectly thank you.

Sorry to keep mentioning it, just that it is kind of essential for when i start paying writers, is that ability to allow HTML in article posts but not allow HTML in responses.

Thanks again for everyones help
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Allowing HTML in first posts but not in subsequent posts is not on the cards currently