The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default professional installation available???

is there professional installation available?

I'm having issues installing, so instead of trying to figure it out myself, this might be an easier route...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry, there is no installation service at this time. The installation instructions are here. What problems are you having and/or errors you are receiving? The GAB package has an /upload/forum directory that has the same directory structure as vB so, for example, the gab_redirect.php file would be FTPed into the same directory with the vB showthread.php file.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I'm sorry dude but I havent had an issue installing vb plugins in years, and I just cant get this one to show up...
Old 09-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you've FTPed everything to the correct location, and installed the XML product file via the ACP, double check that you gave yourself access: ACP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions -> Can Administer GAB -> Yes, and then refresh your ACP (e.g., Ctrl+F5).
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-17-2008, 12:06 PM

I must say that this is quite a difficult mod to configure - took me ages but im slowly getting there.

Last edited by powerful_rogue; 09-17-2008 at 12:56 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
If you've FTPed everything to the correct location, and installed the XML product file via the ACP, double check that you gave yourself access: ACP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions -> Can Administer GAB -> Yes, and then refresh your ACP (e.g., Ctrl+F5).
phew yea man its all there, i added banners to show up and all that, that's what's not showing up, I edited templates accordingly, but still nothing..
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Please double check all the items listed in the troubleshooting section here.