The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-21-2006, 07:57 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Exclamation Bug with Category > Forums

When I uncheck the forums i don't want this category to affect, they come back checked when I go back to the page.

Using Pro version
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

now i can't get the replacement to work.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

huh. I just tested and can confirm the forums issue. Im surprised as I havent updated GAL for months now and no one has reported it!

Can you be more specific with the replacements problem?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 PM

i changed the forums and UG perms for this category like i said, but didn't bother to check the replacement again. came back to try and it was not working. i checked off all perms and went back and the replacement won't work, at least in the forum i origianlly removed that functionality for. but since i put it back, it hould work again, but i think that maybe its not updating the db.
u understand all that?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Kind of

With some replacment changes, you need to debug->rebuild. Did you try that?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 PM

tried, no dice
Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM

sorry to be a pain, but can you give me the exact steps to reproduce? I cant replicate it. I have fixed the forum issue and was hoping to address this issue in the same update.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 05:34 PM

well, u have to use the unfixed version.

add a keyword etc.
go and test it in the forums
then go back and change some forum perms to not allow in certain forums and possblu UG's too since I did that at the same time. make sure that the forum u uncheck is the one that had your keyword test in it.
go back to it and try
it should not work, which is correct.
try adding another post to that test thread to make sure.
go back and make it so that forum can now use GAL again.
go to the test page and reload, add new, edit etc. it should not work, which is incorrect.

I am hoping u can replicate it.

BTW, would you be willing to do some custom work for my GAL setup for a fee?

Derek
Old 02-22-2006, 05:37 PM

thanks. I think I have it all sussed now then. I just want to make sure another users ssues are resolved before I do an update tonight.

Depends on what your needs are. If I can do something quick and easy for you, then I would be happy to help. If its complex, Im afraid I have a few hundred customers waiting in line for development
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 AM

is there an update released yet?