The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Module(?) question

We're wondering if it would be possible to develop an "Index" module that could be placed in the initial post of a GARS forum, and used to provide links to all posts within the thread by the Original Poster? It would be enourmously helpful in a lot of situations where people want to find what the OP has said/done, but have to wade through pages and pages of other posts to find them? Yes you could run searches, but I think this would be a LOT easier for the less ahh... Tech savvy members? And a lot easier, more intuitive to boot.

Anyway, please let us know what the rest of you think...

James and Susan
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Nice idea, but not sure how I would go about doing it. There are a couple ways to go about doing this. The easiest woudl be to create a display module that simply queries all posts within the thread for the author id.

I would help someone do this - but can not take it on myself (it would be pretty easy to do)