The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-24-2005, 07:05 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default Trying to see if there is any new update on possible GARS integration with VBA CMPS

I'd really just Like to grab everything from GARS and on the same page that GARS is on be able to pick and choose modules from VBA CMPS to display as well.

i.e.

adsense, recent threads, online users, stats etc placed in the left column placed on every non forum based page with GARS content placed to the right of that.

Is this possible yet or will it ever be? Because then I can use my custom modules in vba cmps on GARS pages effortlessly.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Its in the pipeline
Old 12-25-2005, 01:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Its in the pipeline
Good I like that.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:12 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I've used a work-around at the MLG PwnCast using the instructions here:

http://www.vbadvanced.com/membersare...tid=4&pageid=6

Its far from perfect, but until TheGeek can get us something otherwise (which it looks like he's doing), its all we've got to go on. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2005, 04:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I would also really like this option, it's good to hear that you're working on it.

While I'm waiting, is there an easy way to create a new GARS module that just has a bit of text? I want to have a little blurb that invites members to submit their own articles and gives a link to a "Submissions Guidelines" thread. (Of course, some of the vba modules would be nice as well, but this is the main thing I want while I'm waiting).

Bluestrike2, the way I understand it, that mod will put the left sidebar on ALL forum pages. Do you know if there's any way to make it so it shows up only on GARS pages?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:01 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Mark,

It only appears on pages where you place this code after the opening <?php tag:

Code:
define('VBA_PORTAL', true);
define('VBA_PAGE', 'include');
So it can very easily be GARS only if I recall.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 AM

Well, the page I would want it to show up on would be forumdisplay.php - and the same file is used for the GARS version of forumdisplay.php and the normal one. Unless I'm missing something?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you only want it on GARS pages - why not just use the GARS system? What module are you trying to include?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 AM

There were a couple I wanted to do... Users Online, a custom one with some text, possibly the Poll, etc. I could probably make modules for all or most of them with GARS, but it'd be easier to include the vbadvanced ones since it's the exact same thing I want... and I have no idea how to make GARS modules.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Its in the pipeline
What's the length of this pipeline?

While I am going to buy GARS (I've been waiting for release) right now, I'm curious as to how long it will be before the vBA module is out... Any estimates? Next month, next quarter, next year? Anything helps!