The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Invalid Style and language cache item after upgrading to Gold

Question posted by my other half in the GAZ Gold Release thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigratrus View Post
Ran all the ACP -> GAZ -> Tools options and still getting:

Invalid Style and language cache item. You should rebuild your layout cache via admincp->tool->rebuild all layouts

Re-uploaded all files twice. and re-ran the xml inport, than re-ran the Tools, no joy... Any suggestions?

James and Susan
The Geek, who graciously overlooked posting troubleshooting within the release thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Start a new thread and let me know:
1- Is this when viewing an existing issue or when generating a new one
2- Does this error occur with new and/or existing issues
3- Did you ever see this during the beta stage? (I havent ever seen a report on it)
As you know, we have a split personality. I (Susan) have been doing all the beta testing on my computer, but he (James) has done all the upgrades on his machine. In beta I saw this error once, but was unable to replicate it, so never reported it. I believe that the error occurred after upgrading from RC3 to RC4 when attempting to view an existing issue. Generating a new issue resolved the problem and I never saw it again.

Here's the totally bizarre part: Regarding today's error - on my machine, I am not seeing this problem AT ALL. I've previewed the html on existing issues, done a hard refresh, checked it in both IE and Firefox and I don't see this error. Then, I sat down at his machine and generated a new issue - got the same error there, then came back to my machine, previewed the html and I get a perfectly formed new issue in both IE and Firefox. Again, all old issues are fine. I will create a new newsletter a bit later on his machine and let you know the results, but it won't be for a few hours.

Here's the URL for the new issue generated today - and here's a URL for an existing issue. What do you see?

We're PMing you admin access info now just in case since we'll be out for a bit. I hope that's enough info to get started.

Susan and James
Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

THey look the same to me excpet for the infoblock bit. Have you tried rebuilding the data?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:00 AM

This is really weird. Susan can't make the error happen on him machine at all. I get it on my machine on Firefox, but not on IE, and I just tried using IE 6 on our testing server, connecting to a newsletter on the the live site: and I DO get the error. This is on a newly generated issue. ::baffled look::

James and Susan
Old 06-22-2007, 06:54 AM

That error indicates that the style and/or languageid doesnt have a matching cached item to display.

The only tome something like that should happen is if you are browsing an old newsletter on a style (or language) that was added AFTER the newsletter was generated. SImply refreshing the layout or rebuilding the data should sort that out.