The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-19-2006, 04:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default different phrases for Top X module Heading

Ok, I hope I can explain this well enough.

I'd like to use the Top X module and use the "top read" part of that module for a couple of my forums, but I would like the phrase for the title of the module to be different in each forum. For example, one forum module title might read 50 most popular articles - another forum might just read Top read articles - is there any way of achieving this? I have tried a few ways but can't seem to find where I would change things. Looked in the templates and even tried duplicating the module, but no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Clancy
Old 11-19-2006, 06:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You could make copys of the files themselves and tweak them to do that. You would only need to tweak the one in the display folder.

HTHs
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
You could make copys of the files themselves and tweak them to do that. You would only need to tweak the one in the display folder.

HTHs
Thanks Geek

Ok, that's what I tried before. My confusion came in the tweaking. I'm guessing the changes would need to be made somewhere in the code below. Is that right?

PHP Code:
$custom_top_based = array('1'=>$vbphrase['GARS_top_read'], '2'=> $vbphrase['GARS_top_active'], '3'=> $vbphrase['GARS_top_latest']);

switch (
$settings['based'])
        {
            case 
1:

$phrase $vbphrase['GARS_top_read_x'];
                break;
            case 
2:

$phrase $vbphrase['GARS_top_active_x'];
                break;
            default:

$phrase $vbphrase['GARS_top_latest_x']; 
Could you just tell me the phrases I would need to change. Is it the the 'GARS_top_read' or the 'GARS_top_read_x' or both of those... and also, if I change the phrase, would I then need to go and manually set up a new phrase in the vB CP?

Thanks for any advice.

Clancy
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It depends on your settings, they say top read, active and latest respectively. Just hard code in the text you want there
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 AM

I think must be missing something. I've made copies of the top.php files in the display, settings, persist and persistsetting folders. I renamed them all top_copy and registered the module... but no matter how I set it, I only am able to get the latest 5 threads from the forum I am in. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Clancy
Old 11-20-2006, 11:11 AM

You mean once you add them to a module set and edit their settings, its only pulling 5? I assume you have more than that to pull from?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:43 AM

Hmm, that's strange, I went back and now it seems to be working ok. How odd.

Thanks for you help!

Clancy