The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default some quick questions

1. What is Filter?

2. What is Mark? I enabled it, and I get a red X in my post, and incomplete image path. images/buttons/

3. Is there a way to put a module above or below content, so the left of content and right of content are still on the sides? It doesn't seem to be an option. I can put it above it by using below header, but it spans the whole post and is above the left and right of content modules. I want it between the left and right of content modules.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1. Its a module that interacts with some GARS functions. It is designed for the forumdisplay page of a module set. Check the add ons section here as it has a filter module

2. Marking is a way that a user 'tags' a GARS item. The most common use of this feature can be seen in the addons section where you can 'mark' a thread as installed. THen when you broswe the forum, you see the marked text prefacing the title (in this case you see installed: title). There is also a page for the thread author to contact all of those that have 'marked' their thread.

3. You can place the modules almost anywhere simply by editing the GARS_pb template.

HTHs
Old 03-04-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post

3. You can place the modules almost anywhere simply by editing the GARS_pb template.

HTHs
So there's no way to accomplish this in the module section, by moving modules around?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sure, but not how you are wanting. You want the modules to go all the way to the top of the post on either side - thats easily accomplished with simple template edits.

HTHs!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:51 AM

So, say you have a few modules on the left, and the post to the right of that. If the post is only a few lines you have this huge blank space undernetah it. I want to put a module there. How would I do that?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 AM

just edit the template.

Personally, I would simply use less modules on the side and move them to below the content - but in the end, its all dooable via template modificiations