The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default valid GAL entry

every time I try to put in key words, GAL say You must enter a comma seperated list of keywords for a valid GAL entry.

I put the dum little comma, I even try to put a space before the comma. am i missing something?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Is this in GARS or in the admincp of GAL ?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:19 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

it is GAL and no matter what I do this is all that it say.
Quote:
You must enter a comma seperated list of keywords for a valid GAL entry.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm.. I just replied to a PM of yours. Let me know if that issue is resolved and if not, Ill log in to take a look at both
Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 PM

Great, now it lets me enter the key words.
but when searching that category for that key word I get this.
nc, NC are the key words that i enter. I was hoping that people can our guys using the state or zip code. Let me know if I am asking too much of this program.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:12 PM

I think thats a vB limitation. For one, I think you can ditch the comman during the search... vB will look for all occurences of nc regardless of capitalization just by searching for nc.
Secondly, vb usually will not index words less than 4 characters unless you change its settings. Therefore it wont find nc anyway. Finally, if you are using full text search, you would need to change the minimum character count in mysql to 2 in order for mysql to find nc. Saying that, its not a good idea as it can really bloat things up and slow down searches.

HTHs!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:55 AM

Ok, I understand that.
I just added the key word charleston.
and I now have a new error. every time I put any type of key word I get an error
Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 AM

Ok, I removed the key word and now at the begin of each post I get the auto linker. Take a look.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6272/ed1zn2.png
Old 10-15-2006, 05:53 AM

GAL wont have caused the invalid URL error, that will be something else most likely with GARS configuration.

Do you have the word Hi GALed? Or do you have a blank GAL 'ed? Or an HTML tntity liek <strong>?
Old 10-15-2006, 03:08 PM

no I do not, well not that I could see.