The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-22-2006, 10:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Pre-sales Question

Hi, one of my clients is interested in Geek Mart. He will be making the purchase and download, I just install and make sure it is compatible with everything on his website.

I see GeekMart is in Beta, when it is stable, will my client still have access to stable version or will he have to repurchase the script? If he doesn't have to repurchase, how long are you allowed support/download access?

Is there any known conflicts with any hacks?

Neccesary PHP and MySQL versions?

I need to know questions like that. I looked for a FAQ or Pre-sales questions forum but couldn't find it. If there is one and someone could point me to it I'll be happy to read it instead of making posts.

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi there,

yes, GM is still beta. Licenses are lifetime however not download access. When you first buy any license, you get access to any updates for 1 year. After that, you have to renew your access at a reduced rate.

There are no known issues with any existing hacks as it doesnt use any plugin space... just vB.
Any version of php that can run vB 3.5x series should be fully compatable with GM, if not ill happily refund

I would still caution your client on the installation as its still in BETA. Saying that, there are plenty of sites running it now.

HTHs
Old 02-22-2006, 10:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I saw that it was still in Beta, which was somewhat of a concern with us.

Is there (I know nothing concrete is ever known with scripting as new bugs can be found anytime.) approximate time frame for final / gold release?

EDIT:: Also what are the known bugs?

Last edited by TruthElixirX; 02-22-2006 at 10:38 PM..
Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM

Bump...
Old 02-26-2006, 07:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No ETA. Right now its holding pretty steady where its at. Next dev cycle will take place after GAB goes gold, the aplhpa for GUSS comes out and a service patch is done to GARS.

THere arent too many known issues, just some limitations.

HTHs
Old 03-04-2006, 02:49 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Can one pay for one license, and tell you to give another one his license?

I work on something for a person, and he will buy GARS license for me?

Can he?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:49 AM

Sure. I guess. Just have the owner PM me details