The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default [fixed][3.5.0 Rc2]

I finally had some time to start my beta testing so I uploaded all the files:

The readme says "gmart_install.php" but this was not included in the zip package. I don't know if that's a new 3.5 thing and what not, this is the first 3.5 mod I have attempted installing.

Was this just not included, or is there another way to install the needed information?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ah. Thanks. The problem is im brdging this for 3.08 and 3.5 so yes, the install file isnt needed for 3.5 just import the product- gal .xml file into your product manager (found in includes/xml/).

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Wow.. That was quick, and extremely easy. I guess I should have hopped on the 3.5 train a while ago! hah.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:06 PM

Okay, I went in to the CP to test it out and the phrases weren't put in. I assumed this is because of cpnav_geekmart.xml so I went to import it but got a "Invalid File Specified" error message.

I double checked and the file is indeed there.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That file should reside in your xml folder. Looks like there is a probelm with the phrase groups.
I am currently working on Neta 2 today and should have it released tonight.

In the meantime... if you edit the cpnav- gmart .xml file and change the <phrase>GMART_whatever</phrase> to <text>Whatever</text> that will give you a quick work around.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:32 PM

Okay. It's not a major issue. The nav still works and I've only noticed missing phrases on the nav section.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:03 PM

Okay, I have a few things here so far:

I'd hate to start new topics for all of these, but if you'd prefer that I will.
  • I can not find the "Add to cart" button. I have looked through the CP for any sort of "permissions" but didn't find any so I'm assuming those are not included yet.
  • When collapsing the "Options" block on the left, the image stays at "collapse_tcat.gif"
  • I found more phrases aren't working. After I add or edit categories/products I get a "Cannot find xxxxx phrase" message.
I'm pretty sure that's all I noticed at first glance.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 PM

There is no Add to cart button image... its a submit button. Are you saying that you cant see an add to cart button?!?

Wait till the beta 2 tonight. I think it should sort out most peoples issues.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 PM

Right. Sorry. I can not see the add to cart button.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM

can you check the source? or zap me a url?

Thanks!