The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-06-2008, 02:27 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Clearing GAB stats?

Is there a way to clear GAB stats prior to a certain date/time. For example, clearing all stats from 12/31/07 and prior leaving only stats from 2008? My stats tables have grown huge with tracking impressions and I'd like to empty them out some please!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1199059200 is the GMT Unix timestamp for 12/31/07 00:00:00 so you could run a query:
Code:
# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you use one
DELETE FROM GAB_stats WHERE dateline < 1199059200;
But before doing so, how many rows does the GAB_stats table contain right after you run Compress Stats Table via the ACP?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
1199059200 is the GMT Unix timestamp for 12/31/07 00:00:00 so you could run a query:
Code:
# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you use one
DELETE FROM GAB_stats WHERE dateline < 1199059200;
But before doing so, how many rows does the GAB_stats table contain right after you run Compress Stats Table via the ACP?
I ran the compress job, took about 8 minutes, and at the end just said something about squeezed down for maximum peformance and flashed off the screen, I didn't see anything about a row number. BTW, I didn't set up vbulletin initially, how will I know if I have a table prefix name? I haven't ever used the query tool in the admincp either so please bear with me.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

To see the number of rows, you'd need to use phpMyAdmin, select the GAB_stats table, click the Browse tab, and it'll show you the number of rows. If you are using a vB table prefix, it'll be specified in your vB config.php file.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM

Ok this is going to sound like a total newbie question (because I am when it comes to direct MySQL manipulation) but where can I find my vbulletin database? I'm assuming I have to give phpMyAdmin some sort of URL to go look for the database at and then log into the database. I'm assuming my vbulletin config file will have a userid and password for logging into the database too right? Once in phpMyAdmin can I just kill rows of GAB stats manually or is it better to do that SQL query you were talking about?
Old 02-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Administrator

There is a 'databases' link in phpMyAdmin, and yes, your vB config file contains the database name, database username, and database password. Your hosting control panel should have a link to phpMyAdmin, and your login information may or may not be the same as in the vB config file. You can manually kill rows, if you want to do it that way, but before using phpMyAdmin you might want to read some tutorials. You can also run queries via the ACP. See here for how.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
There is a 'databases' link in phpMyAdmin, and yes, your vB config file contains the database name, database username, and database password. Your hosting control panel should have a link to phpMyAdmin, and your login information may or may not be the same as in the vB config file. You can manually kill rows, if you want to do it that way, but before using phpMyAdmin you might want to read some tutorials. You can also run queries via the ACP. See here for how.
My host set up the server for me, it is a dedicated server, but I don't have any hosting panel that I log into. They did give me terminal access and I used something like "xterm" I think it was for a little while but found that there wasn't much I could do with it anyway so I think my shareware version expired and I never used it again. I will probably have to do this via ACP so if you can help me with the syntax that would be great. I looked in my config.php file and there is no table prefix and I see the dbname as well as the username and password fr the database. Speaking of tables I was able to run a diagnostic in ACP that showed that my GAB_Stats table had over 1 million rows in fact here is a cut/paste from ACP:

GAB_stats MyISAM 9 Dynamic 1067973 38 41184232 4294967295 8770560 0 2008-02-09 20:22:46 2008-02-09 21:18:40 2008-02-09 20:22:56 latin1_swedish_ci

GAB_temp_stats MyISAM 9 Dynamic 1065219 42 45686420 4294967295 1024 0 2008-02-09 20:20:22 2008-02-09 20:22:46 latin1_swedish_ci

Last edited by KenDude; 02-10-2008 at 04:33 AM..
Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 AM

Hey I did the ACP command deleting all rows from GAB_stats (should I do GAB_temp_stats as well?) and it deleted 933,079 rows in about 30 seconds.

I go back into the GAB admin tools and I can stillsee all the stats since the beginning of time is that because I haven't done anything to GAB_temp_stats yet?

Last edited by KenDude; 02-10-2008 at 04:55 AM..
Old 02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

The GAB_ads table has two fields, views and hits, that hold the number of impressions and the number of clickthroughs, respectively.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Ok so then I can clean out GAB_temp_stats then as well too right and still retain the views and hits because those are in the Gab_ads table too?