The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default GeekMart... can I still purchase this?

GeekMart ... can I still purchase this? I'd like to use it on my vBulletin 3.61 forum (but I might upgrade to 3.64 soon).

First, will it work on 3.61 or 3.64?

Second, can I still purchase it? If so, for how much?

Third, if you won't sell it (because it won't work for the above versions I mentioned) when do you plan to update it? I have yet to find another store hack other than yours, so you're my only hope currently for my plans.

Last edited by FRAiD; 01-05-2007 at 10:03 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I have pulled GM simply because I want to stay focused on the current projects. GM isnt complete, it never got out of beta, however it is working on 3.6x series so it should be fine. If you are desperate for it, I can always manually set you up with a license with the understanding that it is totally unsupported in any way shape or form. You would also have to paypal vbgeek@thevbgeek.com $24.95GBP and then pm me the transaction number.

Sorry to be aloof about it - hope you understand
Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 AM

When do you plan to update it more? Is it fairly stable / secure?

I just want to have various people that will be listed to give lessons to people at various hourly rates. Then after someone pays for a lesson with them, a PM is sent to the teacher about the lesson and the two can contact each other.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill rework it when the time is right. All my time is devoted to GARS, GAL and GAB right now (in that order).
Old 01-12-2007, 07:39 PM

Would what I posted above work for it? Because that is what I would be using it for.

Selling lessons from various instructors. Then after someone pays for a lesson with them, a PM is sent to the teacher about the lesson and the two can contact each other.

Last edited by FRAiD; 01-12-2007 at 08:00 PM..
Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 PM

It depends on if you had a set amount of 'teachers'. The other point is that the money would go to only 1 account. It isnt set up to be a 'mall' system if that is what you are after.

HTHs
Old 01-16-2007, 04:01 AM

Okay I have a question. You say I can still purchase geekmart right? Can I use geekmart to sell digital goods such as vbulletin styles? And does it work on vbulletin 3.6.x? I understand that it wont be supported, but if you release it in the next year, will I be able to download updates? I have been searching and searching for a digital goods shopping cart system for vbulletin. Also, will geekmart show the items users bought like they do in this forum postbit (these icons )?

I will gladly send you the $24.95 GPB if geekmart supports those few features.

Andrew
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM

Hey there.

THere are a couple sites that use GM to sell vbstyles.
If you got a license, it would be valid for updates for a year.
My licesne system isnt availible for download, however any usergroup limited download system (i.e. the old Geeker system) would most likely do the job for you.
THe icons are just a postbit tweak to check to see if the user is in the x usergroup

HTHs
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
It depends on if you had a set amount of 'teachers'. The other point is that the money would go to only 1 account. It isnt set up to be a 'mall' system if that is what you are after.

HTHs
Well, the teachers might change over time but at the start I'd have like 5 or 6? Possibly more. I'd want the ability to add more though, so I suppose it would be a set number until someone decided to leave, or I needed to add someone else.

But the money would be fine going to only one person.

Would this work then?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:39 PM

I suppose it could - however it is beta, and unsupported so I still have to caution you on it!