The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAB Beta 2 released discussion

Hot on the heels of Beta 1 comes the hotly anticipated Beta 2 for GAB which addresses all known issues (including the fact that the initial configuration wasn't there!).

Please note that this version will most likely overwrite your settings. This is so that it can install the standard configuration and save you some headaches!

nJoy
Old 10-21-2005, 08:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Package updated to fix a missing wrapper template. Download the latest package and simply re-import the product- gab .xml file overwriting your previous install.

nJoy
Old 10-22-2005, 01:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Geek,

I see that you included the adv_index(vbAvanced CMPS) script to beta 2.. But I tried activating it and it doesn't show.. not sure if it's a theme problem or the script it self cause the theme(Aria) I use is quite funky.

Any ideas on what I may try to get this working?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:46 PM

It should really just come up under the navbar if thats where $GAB_ads[0] is. Check to see if its coming up with your default style. If so, then its your skin
Old 10-28-2005, 05:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I'm having two issues with GAB1b2b
I have added $GAB_ads[0] $GAB_ads[1] $GAB_ads[2] to various templates but the only one showing is $GAB_ads[0] what am I missing??

Issue 2, I just read about adv_index(vbAvanced CMPS) but it is not in the package I downloaded.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:03 AM

For the additional blocks, you need to make certain that you are creting additional ad blocks. If only 1 ad block is setup, then you will only ever get 1 of them appearing.

Im not sure what you mean about vBaCMPS... it doesnt come in the package as its another companies product.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Geek,

I see that you included the adv_index(vbAvanced CMPS) script to beta 2.. But I tried activating it and it doesn't show.
I was echoing what I saw in another post above mine?

Thanks for explaining the ad blocks I must have misunderstood the instructions.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:59 PM

Oh, I gotcha.. Did you try this tutorial by gldtn? http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=363