The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-18-2005, 05:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAB Beta 1 Release discussion

Geek Advertising Banner System for vB3.5 Beta 1 has now been released.

80% is a port from the vb3.0x version, however even those elements were totally re-written.
The additional code is to make it easier for the up and coming GUSH system which will enable users to administer their own GABs and GALs (though I will NOT get to this until I get some of my other projects to gold status).

Please note that GAB is still a beta product, primarily designed for experienced users and/or those that used the earlier version. GAB is complex and powerful with many features that most are not used to in a simple 'show a banner ' system.

That said, it has more documentation with it than other betas around here

I am primarily putting this port up for those that were holding off upgrading vB to 3.5 until this came out.

Thanks for your support.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Great news.. As soon as I get a computer, and can start developing my site, I'll be making a purchase.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I'm now the proud owner of all your current systems, when you make the gush system will that be a seperate purchase if already own all your current scripts?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

GUSH will be a FOC as you will need one or more of the paid scripts to make it work
Old 10-19-2005, 03:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Awesome release! I just installed it, will be playing with this new toy for a bit.

Thanks (=
Old 10-19-2005, 05:33 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
GUSH will be a FOC as you will need one or more of the paid scripts to make it work
Geek, you're really making me happy, here. I have been using a hacked up version of a banner /ad system that doesn't work completely as designed. But you are my hero.

One of these days we will be able to manage our whole website from the vBulletin admincp. And that day will make me very, very happy. lol
Old 10-19-2005, 08:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

w00t!

I'll be buying this and the articles system tonight, thanks Geek!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 PM

i comment NOW:

1- bad HTML... i would require a complete rewrite.. lol joking... but you need it to be XHTML compliant to make it perfect Geek...
HTML Code:
<a href='$ad[url]' target='_BLANK' title="$ad[title]">
needs to looks like
HTML Code:
<a href="$ad[url]" target="_blank" title="$ad[title]">
... you are to have good templates with that... see, even in the block you see the colors properly now...
Old 10-19-2005, 10:44 PM

It looks excellent but I have a question. Would it be possible to force the user to click on the banner ? I mean, if he doesnt click at least once a day or everytime he makes a connection, he wouldn´t be able to see the forums or the specified message...
Hope it´s possible to make it ..
Thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 AM

Thanks nexia

Kar, I wouldnt really see that as difficult to do however it would require a modification or add on in order to do. Sadly I dont have the time to invest in something like that right now. Maybe one of the other users could give you a hand?