The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-28-2005, 04:04 PM

Default is the ads System going to be Free?

i'm not sure even if it was paid i will pay for it as long as we can make money from it ..
Old 09-28-2005, 04:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It wont be Free, but then again nothing around these parts exactly breaks the bank
Old 09-28-2005, 04:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
It wont be Free, but then again nothing around these parts exactly breaks the bank
coughVBSEOcough
*Wait a minute i bought that *

I'd agree, but also i am all for it, at least this encourages coders like yourself to generate more professional products which you would see suitable for use for private, paying consumers

vBSEO: The SEO Solution for Expert vBulletin Forum Admins
Old 09-28-2005, 04:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

vBSEO isnt free? How the hell do they keep asking for Beta testers over at vb.org? I essentially did the same and was chased out by the mods as the final product was going to be commercial!

Guess Im not too overly bothered. I just hate double standards
Old 09-28-2005, 05:09 PM

Quote:
vBSEO isnt free? How the hell do they keep asking for Beta testers over at vb.org? I essentially did the same and was chased out by the mods as the final product was going to be commercial!

Guess Im not too overly bothered. I just hate double standards
Sorry but you said that most modifications dont break the bank. Yet considering vBSEO has a price tag of $145 which is more than the license for vBulletin itself you could say it is overpriced. No offense but probally vb.org where intending on implementing the SEO hack on their forums and therefore give it preferential treatment towards it; in comparison to yours which they may not have wanted to run.

Anyway getting in the politics of administrative prejudice isnt on my schedule today.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Anyway getting in the politics of administrative prejudice isnt on my schedule today.
Ditto.

I doubt they would impliment an SEO re-write. Most likely reason is that they arent 100% sure that it is commercial.

What I meant about breaking the bank is that none of my work could be classed as expensive by any means. There are plenty of projects out there that are rather costly though.

Saying that - I wouldnt be adverse to paying that much for a well written, efficient mod rewrite (as long as I could get it brand free)
Old 09-29-2005, 01:30 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

What is the ETA of the ads system for 3.5?

Since 3.5 Gold came out today I'm in the process of planning the upgrade and the GAB system is a major part of our forum. I'm not really interested in phpadsnew, I want something that integrates into vB.

I'd be buying the ads system as well as GARS.

Gracias gents.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Ill be looking at trying to get an early beta out this weekend if you need it urgently.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
What I meant about breaking the bank is that none of my work could be classed as expensive by any means. There are plenty of projects out there that are rather costly though.
So something around the value of perhaps $20? Similar to that of a commerical skin so to speak?

Quote:
Saying that - I wouldnt be adverse to paying that much for a well written, efficient mod rewrite (as long as I could get it brand free)
I do find it a little unneccessary to implement a linkback back to VBSEO.com on every single page, especially considering how the price really should be inclusive of some form of branding free. Perhaps within time they will eventually consider a welcome price break or making it completely brand free.

Anyway, i would also appreciate a release of GAB /GUSH/GARS for 3.5 soon for me personally gives the updating process that little bit of added incentive. But i wouldnt want to see a dim in the projected quality for the modifications in a ditch attempt to release the modification too soon.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:58 PM

As it is right now, an installer would need to be written and a couple tweaks and it would be pretty much ready for an early beta.