The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default No posts in this category?

Hi Geek,

I was wondering how you get the "No posts in the category" message to appear when you have the alpha bar showing as you do on this site. See attached screenshot.

Mine doesn't show a message at all... and on some templates, when I select a letter without any results, the left and right modules also disappear.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Clancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noposts.jpg (19.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-22-2006, 05:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are you using the latest version and are your templates reverted?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Are you using the latest version and are your templates reverted?
I have upgraded to the latest version 2.1.3 - I have reverted the template GARS_threadbit... my GARS_forumdisplay template wasn't changed so I had no option to revert that one.

Was the upgrade supposed to replace my templates? Most of them still show "Last edited May 5 2006 by the geek" Does that sound right?

Clancy
Old 12-24-2006, 08:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Can you provide a URL for an example? The latest GARS_forumdisplay should have this.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Can you provide a URL for an example? The latest GARS_forumdisplay should have this.
Ok, I'll Pm the details. It's a private forum so I've set you up a login.

Thanks for your help Geek.

Merry Christmas.

Clancy
Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 AM

I'm still having problems with this... I have completely uninstalled GARS, updated my board to 3.6 on my testing server - reuploaded my GARS files and reinstalled the latest version of the GARS product but I am still not getting the "No posts in the category" message. I am not using custom templates. I'm stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clancy
Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 PM

I was pretty sure this was all sorted. You will have to re-pm me details for me to take a look again.

HTHs
Old 02-05-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I was pretty sure this was all sorted. You will have to re-pm me details for me to take a look again.

HTHs

Thanks Geek, I've sent you a PM with my testing server details.

Cheers

Clancy
Old 02-19-2007, 01:11 AM

Hi again Geek... sorry to keep on about this, but I've sent you two PM's with my details and I haven't heard back. I uninstalled GARS, reinstalled it and still am missing the no posts in category message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clancy
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM

The problem is that I have yet to duplicate it. Can you check on the default (unchanged) style?