The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 AM

GeekMart License Holder 
Default Pre-Sales Questions

I am very interested in purchasing GeekMart however I have a few questions in regards to it's function and capabilities.

In the Release Announcement I noticed the glic is not included with GeekMart , which is a bummer as I was really looking forward to a product that would keep track and distribute licenses, which leads me to my questions.

Does GeekMart at least tie in with the built-in vBulletin subscription system so that when a downloadable product is purchased it is active for a set period of time before a renewal is required?

Is GeekMart only designed for electronic distributed (downloadable) software / products or will it also work with tangible items (includes shipping / handling charges).

Will glic be a add-on module that can be purchased in the near future for GeekMart ?

Thanks for your time and answers.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:31 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBox
Does GeekMart at least tie in with the built-in vBulletin subscription system so that when a downloadable product is purchased it is active for a set period of time before a renewal is required?
Sorta, GeekMart uses its own subscription system but utilizes vBulletin's subscription class. By setting up your product then adding a license to it, selecting membership.php will result in what you want.

Quote:
Is GeekMart only designed for electronic distributed (downloadable) software / products or will it also work with tangible items (includes shipping / handling charges).
It can handle both as there is a built in shipping/handling charge/tax.

Quote:
Will glic be a add-on module that can be purchased in the near future for GeekMart?
At this stage I am not sure, The Geek would be the most likely person to state for sure which I'm sure he will be viewing this thread soon enough.

Don't hesitate if you have more questions.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 07-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Just to reiterate myths comment: You can use GM modules to promote usergroups when they purchase and pay for an item(s)

It can handle shipping, but it does not have a tax calculator

I am sure glic can be made available, however I am just wary of spreading myself too thin. I am pretty pleased with glic so far, but it was a LOT of work and there are some features that are stubbed in, but not coded yet.

HTHs
Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

Thanks for the responses Myth and Geek, it still sounds like I can use GeekMart for what I intended. I will be ordering it shortly.

For what it is worth, I would love to see glic released as a separate add-on module down the road, I would happily pay extra for that functionality. I completely understand about being spread thin, I am just simply saying there is demand for that product by more than just me. ;-)

Thanks for all the hard work you both put into this and I look forward to using it shortly!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Not a problem, enjoy GM.

My trip to AZ was a success